Welcome to the DC Chapter

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by JayStanley, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JayStanley

JayStanley Chapter Presidents
    1. District of...
    2. Virginia
    3. Presidents

Hello DC-area barefoot & minimalist runners (and those interested in becoming one)! My name is Jay Stanley and I've agreed to serve as President of a new DC-area chapter of the Barefoot Runners Society. I live in Arlington, work in DC, and have been having a blast running around our area barefoot for about 5 years. I got into running in 2005 via triathlons -- I never really ran before that.

So who wants to get together for a barefoot meetup & run?

What can we do to expand the membership of this chapter?

Best,

Jay

2. HalfofJess

HalfofJess Barefooters
    1. California...
    2. District of...

I'm down to go run and explore DC.

I'm moving back out to DC on August 10 (going to GW for law school) so will be neat to find some new places to run. I'll be running Run Amuck on August 14 if anybody is interested. What beats a run? A MUD RUN!

3. tareber

tareber Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. District of...

Have a blast running Run Amuck, Iran the one in Rockville a few months ago! Wish Ihad run it barefoot, but I wasn't ready yet.

4. gigowiz

gigowiz Barefooters
    1. Washington
    2. District of...

I've been in D.C. since Sunday and running on my own every day. An old friend picked me up yesterday evening and while we were driving to his house we saw a man running barefoot on the pavement path alongside the highway going through Alexandria. I'm so used to running by myself I didn't even think to see if there were any BF runners in the area.

My apologies.

Hank

5. HalfofJess

HalfofJess Barefooters
    1. California...
    2. District of...

Aw man, is anybody running Annapolis 10-miler this weekend? I need a ride there! Desperate times calls for ask on BFRS!

6. Dustin

Dustin Barefooters
    1. Virginia
    2. New York
    3. District of...

I'm game for a barefoot meetup & run. My wife runs as well and would join us (as long as the run isn't too long--which may be good for an introductory run anyway). Regarding expanding membership, Iimagine that it will largely come word-of-mouth unless there are folks who run a popular blog read by runners in our area and can give us a shout out.