weekly mileage, w/e 5-24/5-30

Went from 45 last week to 55

Went from 45 last week to 55 this week. My milage ramp up is going well. I was a little concerned that putting in more miles might start to show some foot issues, but so far all is well. I'm a little off on my long runs from where I was last year, but I've got just under 4 weeks till my first marathon of the summer, so I think all is going well.

Sunday 13.1 miles, easy pace, hilly route

Monday 4 mile a.m. run 4 mile evening speed work

Tuesday off

Wednesday 4 mile morning run 6.1 mile evening tempo run

Thursday 8 mile easy run

Friday 2 mile easy run with family 4 mile speed work

Saturday 10.2 mile negative split run

the challenge this week is to keep up with the 2-a-days and stretch the long runs to 15 miles

Nice miles Wendy and

Nice miles Wendy and dirtdemon, you both have your miles up there!

I did 10.5 miles barefoot this week on pavement...also a 3.5 mile MR trail run mixed with mountain biking practicing for Muddy Buddy adventure race with my son...plus 4 road bike rides and a one swim... a full week for me all in all.

Bummer about the knee Wendy!

Bummer about the knee Wendy! What did you think of the huarache run? I'm looking to make a pair for really hot days and for running on gravel roads.

Dirt, that's some serious mileage! How long have you been running barefoot now? And you're up to 55miles a week?? Wow!

Mokie, looks like you're keeping nice and busy, nice cross training!

I did 18mi this week all barefoot (6.5 Sunday, 8 Wednesday, 3.5 Saturday, 2 hours of belly dance and 2 hours zumba and a crap load of yard work/digging/planting), slowing things down before race week (this coming week).

dirtdemon77 wrote:moka, how

dirtdemon77 said:
moka, how do you find time to fit it all in? I'm always in awe of anyone that tackles a triathlon or adventure racing.

I reduced my run miles from 30 - 40 down to 15ish and use that time to bike/swim, I was running close to your mileage before. I started doing some speed work for the first time this year also to makeup for the lower miles...its a wash on the time really.

When fall starts I'll be really ready to ramp up the mileage for the longer trail races late in the year...which is my favorite kind of running... switching things up throughout the year keeps things like new again.

I took this week as a rest

I took this week as a rest week so went from my 9 miles last week down to 4 this week. On Fri I did 2 miles all on asphalt and hills which is a record for me since the bulk of my running has been on sidewalks and I had never done any hills. Was fun and my feet did great!

(No subject)

:cry:

Oh TJ, still no progress?

Oh TJ, still no progress? What does the doctor have to say about it? :(

For me, three slow gaspy miles. I had a cold +allergies that sidelined me for nearly two weeks. I got out yesterday, but it was hot. And I was slow.

zumba...been running barefoot

zumba...been running barefoot for 5 months now. I started back in January. This is the first month I've really upped my mileage. The first for months were spent working on form, stretching, and foot strengthening. I did a lot of shorter, faster runs. Now I'm trying to focus on keeping my form when I'm tired out. If I were wearing shoes, I'd be up around 70 miles a week or so, with long runs being 20+ miles.

moka...thats cool. I love to mix it up too. Right now its all road miles to get ready for a marathon, but after that, I'll spend most of my time on trails in the woods.

I'm supposed to start

I'm supposed to start physical therapy this week. PT is supposed to break up tissue, reduce inflammation, and speed up the healing time.

On a positive note, BKB will be at my house in about an hour! I will attend his workshop and bring a lawn chair. Bummer is I won't be able to run with him very far.

18 miles, so how does

18 miles, so how does everyone get motivated to run? I used to be able to run 7-8 times a week and only towards the end of the week lose interest. Now I'm lucky to run 4 times a week and I am dragging on Monday.

Thanks, Abide.  It was

Thanks, Abide. It was great. He and his wife Cathy stayed at my house. We had Low Country Boil but without the Low the Country and the Boil. Ha! Vegans! His dog is the size of a small horse and has the heart of a giant. He does tricks, although KB just started training him lately. He does high-fives which is soooooo cute. He (the dog and KB) loved my cats. One of them was unafraid, the other one stayed outside all afternoon and night and wouldn't come in until later this morning. BKB was great. He is so down-to-earth, laid back, and all that. I received personal instruction, which was AWESOME! I thought I knew a lot about BFR, but now I know even more. He says we always have room for improvement, even him. He has a real way with words, metaphors, and analogies. He is also quite funny. We got a lot of great pictures and video... I will share soon.

I forgot to add...my feet

I forgot to add...my feet were killing me the whole time and are really aggravated today. :cry:

TJ, I'm so sorry to hear your

TJ, I'm so sorry to hear your feet are paying the price for your fun day
sick.gif

The huarache run was good! I was really happy with them. I can still feel the ground well and when I got a tiny pebble stuck to the bottom I could feel it enough that I had to stop and pick it out, LOL. I had to stop and adjust the laces a couple of times in the first few minutes, but then never had to touch them again. The material I used for the sole was something I picked up from a cobler in Thailand for 50 cents so I have no idea what it is. The laces are pink deer skin :) I need to get pics up!

I can't wait to meet KenBob tomorrow, YAY!!!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test