Weekly Mileage Ending April 9/10th

Thank you, Mrs. Zum.  Feets

Thank you, Mrs. Zum. Feets still suck, but I'm making due, learning to live with what shoes have done to me and the poor choice I made to wear them.

I did a 5.8 mile mountain

I did a 5.8 mile mountain trail run )barefoot of course) for the Naked Tour! It was like straight up for the first half and then cannonball run down! Got to run with Pat Sweeney (aka Bourbonfeet, CHris McDougall, Ken Bob etc...) it was freakn awesome. Also got Scott Jurek and Chris McDougall to sign my copy of Born to Run. There were about 100 of us and about 8-10 of us barefoot.

@Zumba.. you gotta go to the Naked Tour

and good running everybody

18 muddy hill trail miles

18 muddy hill trail miles this week, all barefoot, including 5.3 mile race today. Migangelo was there too and won the "barefoot division" of me vs. him. Haven't seen the official results yet, but I think I did better than usual. I actually made some passing moves -- particularly on soft ground where some of the other runners were getting worn. Very curious to see how I did...

32- 16 Long Run All MR.  It

32- 16 Long Run All MR. It was in the 70's finally so might get in the car today and find a good stretch to go BFR for the first time since fall.

TJ, I"m sure your feet are

TJ, I"m sure your feet are much happier now that you are showing them the respect they deserve :)

Way to go Stomper!

Oso, sounds like a hell of a time.

Twink, it's in the bag!  Just

Twink, it's in the bag! Just make your goal to finish, and you'll have no problems.

Why do you suppose your hips

Why do you suppose your hips hurt?

I'm not sure exactly why now

I'm not sure exactly why now TJ-

I had a car accident when I was 15 that affected my alignment pretty severely. Also, a herniated disc 10 years ago flares up from time to time and that also might be contributing. I wonder too if it's because I ditched the orthotics cold-turkey last summer when I began the transition. Maybe a perfect storm.

Ultrasound, chiropractor, stretching and core strength exercises are all I know to do right now. That being said, I really thought BF would eliminate or at least alleviate this chronic problem.

Was barefoot running able to

Was barefoot running able to do anything positive for you?

Were you able to run pain-free in shoes?

Were you able to run without hip pain in shoes/orthotics?

Have you experienced the hip pain from the moment you took off your shoes/orthotics and ran barefoot, or did it begin to take place after a period of time of running barefoot?

Sorry to jump in the middle

Sorry to jump in the middle of another discussion, but if I don't post I'll forget, and then I won't be able to prove my mileage pedigree, lol. First week of April I got in 15 miles all bare, including a 6.3 mile run. Second week of April, only 7 miles as I was plagued with some sort of splinter/glass something stuck in the arch of my foot.

2011 Total: 41 miles. 1 5K 24:57.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test