Weekly Mileage 6th week of 2012

Actually took a rest day. Did

Actually took a rest day. Did laundry and cleaned the house at a speed that got my heart rate up, mixed in 500 push ups and 500 sit ups while doing it. Still wanted to run.

500/500? Why not 1k/1k? Ran

500/500? Why not 1k/1k?

Ran 6.73 miles today.

My 3 year old has been

My 3 year old has been begging me to ride his bike on our runs like his older brother...so we gave it a go today and he did great! Together we did 2 barefoot miles! :)

buzgal wrote:My 3 year old

buzgal said:
My 3 year old has been begging me to ride his bike on our runs like his older brother...so we gave it a go today and he did great! Together we did 2 barefoot miles! :)

That's is awesome buzgal, it is nice that your children are young enough that they actually want to spend time with you.

Treasure it!

No running for me today, I am playing Volleyball instead.

7.01 total today.  Did 5

7.01 total today. Did 5 miles in huaraches and 2.01 barefoot. Plan was to do all 7 barefoot but hemp laces got wet and tightened up so much that they tore the skin on side of my foot.

This week really got away

This week really got away from me.

I didn't run today, but did do a 3.5-mile walk in heavy hiking boots (as a work-related site visit). Man, I think I'm more tired from walking in the boots than from running the same distance. I can't wait to get home and take these damn things off.

Barefoot Dama wrote:buzgal

Barefoot Dama said:
buzgal said:

That's is awesome buzgal, it is nice that your children are young enough that they actually want to spend time with you.

Treasure it!

No running for me today, I am playing Volleyball instead.

Thanks! It's good to be reminded to cherish this time with them as well as helpful to know that the "I want to be with you all the time mommy" phase does eventually come to an end and that I might actually be able to go to the bathroom by myself someday. ;)

buzgal wrote:My 3 year old

buzgal said:

You are fortunate enough that your kids want to ride with you when you run. I begged for my two oldest to follow me on a run some time over the last three weeks, during their track out, but they always said no. Maybe I will have better luck over their next track out in 10 weeks.

I ran 13.2 miles today to wrap up my week with 40.84 miles.

12.5 miles for me this week.

12.5 miles for me this week. Way less than I wanted but at least I'm back running again.

That's the most important

That's the most important part, BB, you're back. ;-)

20 miles a week is a good

20 miles a week is a good week!

Sunday: 15 BF miles on the

Sunday: 15 BF miles on the mill.

Monday: Body resistance stuff

Tues: 5 BF miles on the indoor track.

Wed: More body resistance stuff.

Thursday: not sure what is going to happen today.