Weekly Mileage 6th week of 2012

Started off my week with my annual "Super Sunday" run of 10 miles.

I've managed to walk a few

I've managed to walk a few feet here and there today, mostly in pain.

You sound like me, Chaser. 

You sound like me, Chaser. Hee.

Eight lazy BF miles on the

Eight lazy BF miles on the mill Saturday.

Seven BF miles on the indoor

Seven BF miles on the indoor track on my lunch hr.

MON: Just a 1 mile walk, but

MON: Just a 1 mile walk, but oh what a mile!

I attended an AMAZING posture workshop this weekend taught by Esther Gokhale. She was a presenter at last year's NYC BFR and she and her daughter have presented at Mark Sisson's PrimalCon for the last 2 years. The workshop I attended this weekend was a 9 hour intensive program and I learned so much! I highly recommend her book and workshop. I'm hoping to set aside some time later this week or next to write a more detailed review of the workshop.

Today instead of a run I went out for a 1 mile barefoot GlideWalk (the walking method Esther teaches) on the trails. WOW! My foot shape, balance, leg muscle activation, body position are all different with this method and it feels much more stable and powerful. I'm using muscles I didn't even know I had and it's quite the work out.

Peace,

Karen

Looking forward to your

Looking forward to your report, Karen, especially since I will be starting out as a walker again.

Okay, here goes: 0.5 miles

Okay, here goes:

0.5 miles on sidewalk sunday, 1/4 mile on the track today, bf w/ temps in the 30s. Cautiously optimistic about whatever was bothering my foot going away. So far so good.

Dog was making noise and

Dog was making noise and freaking out until I took her on a run so we did 1 slow mile. Kind of a mistake. Twisted ankle and knee need a bit more rest. Hopefully doc says all is good to go Thursday and I run some at a barefoot running clinic in Austin.

6.5 BF  miles on the indoor

6.5 BF miles on the indoor track.

Doomed, now you're really doomed and never be able to run again-sorry bout that.

Seriously, sending healing thoughts you way!!

3.48 miles of hill repeats

3.48 miles of hill repeats with my son in his stroller. Not sure if it's the new diet or what exactly, but I felt very strong and had lots of energy. I was actually getting faster with each repeat up... Oh and it was 41 degrees F today and wet as all get out and I was stripping out of my long sleeve shirt and gloves.

Monday: NothingTuesday: 1

Monday: Nothing

Tuesday: 1 hour spin in my shed in the morning & ran 4.8 miles in the afternoon.

Today: Ran 6.11 miles this morning.

Sunday6-miles (with dogs)

Sunday

6-miles (with dogs) on my Single Speed Mountain Bike. I found some cool single track trails pioneered by bighorn sheep. These had little evidence of human traffic.

Monday & Tuesday

Nuthin'

Wednesday

2.9 Barefoot

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts