Weekly mileage 40th week of 2012

5.25mi last night after work. That makes 28.47 for the week. Rats, still have yet to break 30. :( Maybe next week, I have it off.

Would have done more last night but its just so hard to do on a working day. I did try out the Merrel Sonic Gloves on a close by trail last night, and then did my cool down bare on the road.

Reactions: happysongbird
Finished my week up early on Friday running with my "run spouse" for 7.46 miles.

I wasn't able to run yesterday because of an all-day foto shoot, but I ended my week with 33.42 miles and a possible broken little toe that I managed to catch on a stool.

Well, my knee felt a lot better yesterday (two days ago I could barely walk), and my daughter and her friend were begging to go to the park nearby, so I limped a little more than half a mile to and fro with them, with our toddler son in tow in the stroller. It was about 40 degrees F, and very blustery, but my feet enjoyed the cool sand of the playground while following my son around in all his unbounded joy. The neighbor girl took off her sweater and ran around in her t-shirt most of the time. My son eventually shed his mittens, much to the consternation of my wife when we got home.

Anyway, at this rate of progress, hopefully I'll be running again sometime this (41st) week. I still have no idea what could've happened, but thankfully it's healing quickly and doesn't appear to be anything serious . . . I guess I just have to be a bit more vigilante about warming up properly.
Lee, just remember to not push coming back too soon. You can re-injure that knee if you don't make sure it's healed fully first.

I did 13.1 this morning, in the Altras. The first 6 were a hillclimb, and subsequently not a ton of fun. After coming back down the main BIG hill, it tapers to a rolling route with many small ups and downs. I ran a negative split for the run: 61 minutes for the first 6, followed by 68 minutes for the 7.1 to finish in 2:09 total. This was a pretty strong outing in prep for my upcoming half the first weekend of November, and my first time running the half-marathon distance.

I did have to time-starved shorter outings this week, but they really didn't rate an entry. total weekly mileage will be 20 and change for the week after tomorrow's little recovery jaunt.
Nice time! Especially with hills and it's a training run and all.
The hills are good for you, like medicine; they'll keep you from getting too crabby if you encounter hills on the actual half marathon.

Reactions: Lomad and Bare Lee
Lee, just remember to not push coming back too soon. You can re-injure that knee if you don't make sure it's healed fully first.
Thanks. Today I'm walking with hardly a limp, so the idea is to keep walking, and then when I'm completely pain-free, try a run around the block and build up from there. I kinda already have experience with this from August, but the knee is a lot scarier than tofp, so I'm definitely going to be cautious, especially since I still have no idea what happened in the first place.

Thanks. Today I'm walking with hardly a limp, so the idea is to keep walking, and then when I'm completely pain-free, try a run around the block and build up from there. I kinda already have experience with this from August, but the knee is a lot scarier than tofp, so I'm definitely going to be cautious, especially since I still have no idea what happened in the first place.
Ya, I know you have plans to be good, but I also know how hard that can become after a week or so, which is why I wanted to help keep you in check. Back when I was first getting back into shoes I had hurt my knee too on one of my first runs in the shoes. To this day I still have some slight pains, but only when walking down stairs now and never while running or walking. Not sure what it is and it never really made me gimpy at all except on the stairs. It does finally seem to be getting better with me going barefoot again. Not sure why this is though. Hoping it just keeps getting better now.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I would like to submit to the committee that my 3 hours of very active barefoot dancing last night count for at least 10 miles, possibly a half marathon (considering the time involved) worth of running. ;) :D Music: Rock-n-roll. Surface: cement Location: my basement Event: we invited friends over for fun You are probably wishing you all lived closer to me, now!

Hey wait a second, which man was wearing a skirt....... o_O

Nice time! Especially with hills and it's a training run and all.
The hills are good for you, like medicine; they'll keep you from getting too crabby if you encounter hills on the actual half marathon.
Thanks! Yeah..the half marathon is hills. 1600 feet of gain/loss, on trails. In November. In Western Oregon. I need to run more hills. Like every day.

Thanks! Yeah..the half marathon is hills. 1600 feet of gain/loss, on trails. In November. In Western Oregon. I need to run more hills. Like every day.

Yeah that was pretty good time for a training run! I can't push myself training like I can in a race, especially over such a long distance. Good luck on the half. I havent done a single race in hills since my HS CC days. Next year...

I finished my week with a 75 mins run and 20 mins walk.
IT WAS SUPPER WINDY!!!! There!

Reactions: happysongbird
Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
Monday = 6.5mi ran in the evening after dark. First outing wearing long sleeves since spring. :confused:

Today = 14.3mi another longest distance for me. And the first long run I've done recently where I tried to do something faster than just 'taking it easy'. After my warmup I did 2mi targeting 10mm but actually averaged 9:21 (I don't pay much attention to the Garmin during my run), then picked it up for 4mi targeting 8mm, actual averaged 8:13. A slow and short recovery and then back to 9:58 for 3.5mi and then my gradual slow down the rest of the way.

I plan on tackling a trail run in the hills Friday, it will be my first one in ages if I do it.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11