Weekly mileage 40th week of 2012

Bare Lee

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2011
Saint Paul
3.1 miles. Woke up somewhat dehydrated after a very pleasant dinner party out on the deck and campfire afterwards in the beautiful Indian Summer weather. Was supposed to do a long run, and even contemplated taking a stab at a 10-miler, but just couldn't motivate. Finally, I took advantage of my brother's mid-afternoon visit to look at my massage toys (he has a chronic issue with one of his hammies), and asked him to give me a ride back to his place so I would be forced to run the 3.1 miles back home. Glad I did. I needed at least a shorter run to set me up for this week, having missed yesterday's run. I didn't bring my Garmin because I already knew the distance and it's probably a good idea to run without it at least once a week and just 'just run.'

Reactions: scedastic
about 2.25 mi walk/run w the kids. I think we could've done it with only one stop at the turnaround point, but my daughter tripped and face planted on the rough gravely pavement only a third of a mile in. My girl was good humored enough (after some recovery) to make light of the fact that just seconds before she face planted we had the following conversation:

dd "how far are we going"
me "about 2 miles total, one out and one back"
dd "oh, i can't run that far without stopping"
me "sure you can; you just ran 1.5 miles no problem no stopping while having a conversation just the other night"
dd "no, 2 miles is too far"
me "there's no difference between 1.5 and 2 miles"
dd "yes there is"
me "you know what the difference is? it's whining. 2 miles minus 1.5 miles equals whining. i'm a mathematician and I know it and i can prove it to you"
dd "no you can't. i'll go to your school and find a math professor who will tell you that's wrong"

Oh, and after that, 2.5 miles on my own just before going to the pool with the kids. It was fun to see part of my early morning dark route in the full glory of the sunshine, and i didn't burn up because i'm not a vampire. cool.

mon morning;
5 miles, in the extremely bright moonlight--shockingly bright, like a yard light.
the running part was hard. shins are hollering at me. for whatever reason, swim seems to at first make my shins feel great, then the next morning they get really bad.

Here I am!
I am happy to report that my speed is coming back slowly but surely.
Saturday before last I was out of town and did this marked, very hilly bike trail seven miles(3.5 mi each way) in 58 minutes including a into the woods make that into the corn fields break it was also very, very windy.

Saturday I went for a hr run but not sure how many miles that run was BUT, todays run, the route that used to take me 45 min I made it in 38 min. Sweet! Saturday run was in VFF and todays was BF.

It's my own personal gym at my condo complex. Nobody is ever there and if there happens to be someone there they don't ever mind and they usually are quite curious about it and ask lots of questions.

That explains it. It's nice that you're able to be there without worries.
I am lucky enough myself that they let me run BF in the filed house indoor track when it gets too cold outside.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Half marathon on Sat. It was a blast
Race report soon to come :)
:barefoot:

30 minutes on dreadmill. Did I tell that I do not like those things. :(

I feel your pain, that's what I run on when the cold arrives. I don't like it either but my longest run ever was done on the mill.

9.22 miles yesterday, all bare. Which lately is unusual... around 6-7 miles in I usually turn onto a chipseal road that puts me into huaraches. I had em with me but tried to man up, got to push myself a little to get out of this tenderness I have had as of late. All went well but the soles are still a little tender today. I'm wearing socks around the house.

Really hoping to finally break 30 miles in a week, I have tomorrow off so planning on a long run. Then if I can get a couple shorter runs in on my working days I might finally hit 30.

45 mins run at lunch time.
I took a diferent route today and it turned out to be a very hilly one, mentally I was not prepared for that but I survived.

10 mile night run (finished at 11:45) last night picking my way around St. James in Winnipeg. Could not give up long run on a 13 degree night in October in the 'peg.

6.9 miles, 9:26 pace, to, around, and back from Como Lake. I hadn't run this long for 10 days, after last week's string of inadvertent 'speed' days. Still, I managed to knock off almost a half minute per mile from my average pace on the same route; last time it was 9:51. The anti-Maff, speedwork+LS method seems to be working. This is exciting. I wonder how soon I'll be able to do this route in under an hour.

Also did 2.2 barefoot miles yesterday walking with the stroller picking up the kids from day care and kindergarten. Such beautiful weather, it would've been a sin to have picked them up with a car.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test