Weekly mileage 34th week of 2012

6.49 miles run, bushwacking and orienteering and then run. Love the looks that I get coming out of the swampy areas and deep brush and they look down and my feet are bare.

Ugh, 3rd or 4th night in a row of 5 hours of sleep. I need some exercise... aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! Rest periods don't do much good do they if your not sleeping? I mean sleep is critical for healing injuries, right?

Reactions: Bare Lee
yesterday: we're going with 18 by the garmin, huaraches, still my longest run yet, lots hills, tired but not sore this morning.
saturday: 2.5 'recovery' run, actually at my I-mean-business pace of 9min/miles (hah! for real! that's my i mean business pace), bare of foot, bare of arm, covered torso, sleeved of leg

Reactions: Bare Lee
Had a blast today, went out for a early 9 miler with a close friend and then followed that up with a bit of a Group Run (Dutchie and I) running the Thyroid Cancer Awareness 5km run. It was hilarious we had never actually met, and we had no issue finding each other, just look for the feet. ;)

Thanks Dutchie for a great time and a good run.

totally!!!!
loose rules!
Well, walked around the Minnesota zoo yesterday in my Luna's, with my family and a cousin and his youngest daughter. Today even my right foot is a little achy, so now I really have no idea of what's going on. This is bizarre. I've only walked a few miles this week. Is it possible that my right foot is having trouble adjusting to no running and minimal walking while it waits for my left foot to get better? I'm wondering if I should continue resting or if I should try a run around the block and see what happens. It's such a hard injury to figure out. Anyway, apologies for joining this forum only to write about not running. I think I'll bow out until I'm back in action. It's getting boring whining all the time.

It was great running with a legend such as Bob. Only 5k today for me, but it was in in ideal company and weather. Looking forward to the next group run. Good luck in your upcoming ultra in a couple of weeks Bob. :)

Legend I am not, but thanks Dutchie. We will have to set something up soon.