Weekly Mileage 32nd Week of 2012

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Woohoo finished Week 8 Day 2 ran 29 minutes continuous! Just one more day (if I can do the whole 30 minutes) and E25K will be done!

As for mileage I went about 2.3 miles BF this morning.

Reactions: NickW
Yeah last week was sucky, glad I'm making progress once again.

Still haven't made it under 190 lbs yet. Was 190.0 one day last week, but lately have been hovering around 190.6 lbs.

2.37 shod and fast miles for me. One particular stretch of road (1 mile) I haven't run under 9 min for a year. Today, I ran 8:48. The first half mile was an 11:15 pace, the second half mile was 6:21! Woohoo I felt fast, then extremely tired. Hahahaha!

2.57 shod miles today. Inadvertently killed a buddy of mine by going a new route. Didn't realize there were more hills on this new route and he had just ran 12 hours prior... Oops. :D

7.2 sunday on hilly hilly sandy trails. made my quads SORE lotsa fun though
3.1 tuesday lazy with shoes on still sore from trail run
4 wednesday bf slow but less sore

4 this morning; could've sworn it was 5+ and I was going fast. turns out i was slow. shod (i think the blister under my toe from my huaraches is bacterially infected)
3.5 this evening, in the rain, all cramped up and crabby. ah well.

Nothing more yet this week since Monday. Man I'm slacking! Just can't get myself out of bed before 5:30 AM this week it seems like. Might try to get in a run tomorrow morning around 8:30 after my wife leaves for her Zumba class.

Well decided to go out at lunch today, 2.75 miles in VFF's. I tried to finish off E25K with Week 8 Day 3, but ended up walking 4 times for maybe 20s at a time, so I only ran about 28:40. So to me I'm still not done yet.

However the cool thing is that I did go a little faster, overall average running, even with the walking was 14:36, which means my actual running pace was a little faster than that. It's just these dang hills that get me. And the heat. Only 85 today, but that's still a lot warmer than 70 in the morning when no sun is beating down on you.

Oh and running in VFF's just feels blahhhh compared to BF :eek:

What are you using to record your distance/pace?

The problem with my E25K app is that it starts recording time and distance right from the beginning, so it includes the 5m warmup. Then when I look at the map afterwards there's a pin for Mile 1 with pace, but that Mile 1 includes the warmup and then part of the running. So I don't have any true measure of any individual mile's pace.

I use my Garmin Patrick. It's the Forerunner 305. It's kinda big but I like that I can hit the lap button after my warm-up and it will tell me my mile time's from after the warm-up. I also like it because I can customize the screen to show my up to 4 quadrants of data. Right now I only have it set up for 3, but that's because I stopped using the heart rate function. Now I just do Time of day, distance, and avg pace. I could also put my actual pace on there too but then I get myself confused as to which pace I'm looking at. I like avg pace best though because it gives me the most accurate picture of what I am doing per mile.

Patrick, what if you just let yourself warm up for 5 min before you turned on the app?
I just let mapmyrun record the warm up and not worry about the first mile pace. Honestly, I run too slowly to worry about the 2nd mile's pace, or the third,.......but then, I digress

speaking of slow, 10.6 miles, totally bf, longest bf run ever.
the first few miles were not as bf friendly as I'd thought---rough sidewalk, debris, rocks, but according to mapmyrun, my pace gradually slowed during the run. ;(
Oh well, no blisters and my feet n legs are ok, calves are looser than when i ran this distance in huaraches.

Well my E25K app breaks out the walking and running average paces. The walking pace includes the warmup. But then the map only shows pace for each mile and overall, and for me right now each of the 2 mile pins include one of the warms ups. So I have no true data about pace for an individual mile while running.

Oh yeah, actually did 2.5 BF miles this morning in beautiful weather around 9 am. Went out and back at the park which is the first time I have run there. Still stopped to walk a couple of times, but it was better than yesterday, probably about 29 minutes total running.

This is also the first time I've really been successful running 2 consecutive days.

And my weight is now at 189.2 whoop whoop!!!

Reactions: NickW and scedastic