Weekly Mileage 11th week of 2012

Sunday: 75 minute spin in my shed dressed in 3 winter layers at 80 degrees working at a consistent 140 bpm.

Monday: Ran 7.84 miles this morning.

Starting Week 3 of E25K, which consists of 5-min warmup and cooldown, plus 2 reps of:

3m run
2m walk
90s run
2m walk

Obviously a shorter workout than previous weeks, I guess it's working me up to longer runs by not having me do as many of them. After the workout was complete I continued walking my normal route to make it 2 miles.

I did complete the first 3-minute run, which makes that the longest continuous run to date so far. However the 2nd 3m run I stopped short at about 2:15. Just didn't feel like I could go on. I did complete both 90s runs. So I'm wondering if I should go back and do Week 2 again, or just keep at Week 3 until I can complete all the runs without stopping short.

Monday: Taking it easy and playing with the kiddos while recovering from yesterday's long run.

My plan for the week is five runs, one of which should be 4+ hours. I doubt I'll be able to pull it off though since my mother is coming to visit this weekend.

Starting Week 3 of E25K, which consists of 5-min warmup and cooldown, plus 2 reps of:

3m run
2m walk
90s run
2m walk

Obviously a shorter workout than previous weeks, I guess it's working me up to longer runs by not having me do as many of them. After the workout was complete I continued walking my normal route to make it 2 miles.

I did complete the first 3-minute run, which makes that the longest continuous run to date so far. However the 2nd 3m run I stopped short at about 2:15. Just didn't feel like I could go on. I did complete both 90s runs. So I'm wondering if I should go back and do Week 2 again, or just keep at Week 3 until I can complete all the runs without stopping short.
Patrick, I am no doctor and you should not take my advice, or at least take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like you are doing much better now which is really good! I guess I remember a time not to long ago when you weren't able to finish a run in the week 1 cycle. You kept pushing at it and now are doing wonderful. Maybe try keeping it at the week 3 cycle and keep pushing like you have in the other two cycles until you get it and can consistently do it. My own two cents which isn't worth very much. Good luck and congrats on how well you're doing!

Yeah there was that time when I felt like I was regressing, but then last week was able to complete all of Week 2. I'll keep plugging along at Week 3. Might be here for a few weeks, though.

No mileage today, the longer run from yesterday have made my muscles a bit more sore than usual.

I walked a half mile last night, then about a mile this evening. Since the nerves in my feet are either hyper-aware or what's left of them are really ticked off whenever I step on the slightest little grain of dirt, I chose to wore my IS huaraches. It was like this after I had cryosurgery about two years ago, but after a few months, I was able to get beyond the worse of it. My concern is, I felt like I was still dealing with Morton's Neuroma, and the neuromas have been removed. sigh.

Thanks, Chris. I'll take a mile of limping over a mile of nothing any day.

Did a spin this morning before lunch in my shed with 3+ winter layers on for 1 hour. Ran 4.8 miles late this afternoon.

What's the temp where you are running, Steph?

Well I ended up doing some mileage on Tuesday - 1.63 miles with my 2-year old son in the park. :D That including walking there from our house and back again. Love living so close to the park.

Wednesday, 2 miles total - continued on with Week 3 of E25K, and yet again had to stop about 45s short of the second 3m run. :(

Today I went for my first run in the rain. Wore a hat to keep water from dripping in my eyes. It was about 64° and it felt awesome! 2 miles total. Didn't want to risk getting my iPhone wet in my shorts pocket, so didn't use the E25K app obviously. I just went by landmarks to approximate the 3m and 90s running segments that I ran Monday and Wednesday. Still stopping short on the 2nd 3m run.

You'll get there Patrick. Maybe try slowing down a touch so that you have more energy left so you can run a little longer? Just an idea. I ran 2.43 miles today. Tyring to keep mileage down this week because of the 15k Shamrock run on Sunday.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11

Latest posts