Week 30 of 2012

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Week 7 Day 3 of E25K finished this morning - 27 minutes running + 5m warm up and cool down. 2 1/4 miles total, all BF.

Only 3 workouts to go until E25K completion!

Reactions: NickW
I walked/ran, okay, hobbled-jogged 1.82 miles in socks around my neighborhood. Managed most of the hills pretty well, half way up to most of the way up before stopping to gasp for air. I was doing okay "tolerating" the chip and seal roads, but it hurt like !@#$%& hell when I stepped on a really sharp piece of bark right where the neuroma is (damn shoes! I'd like to take a boot and shove it up a shoe's butt!)

TJ, I thought you had the Neuromas removed.
Are there more? Just curious.

I walked/ran, okay, hobbled-jogged 1.82 miles in socks around my neighborhood. Managed most of the hills pretty well, half way up to most of the way up before stopping to gasp for air. I was doing okay "tolerating" the chip and seal roads, but it hurt like !@#$%& hell when I stepped on a really sharp piece of bark right where the neuroma is (damn shoes! I'd like to take a boot and shove it up a shoe's butt!)

But if you had been in shoes the bark wouldn't have hurt. :barefoot:
whistling.gif

Exactly, but the shoes are what put me in this miserable position in the first place.

2.32 miles shod today. Crushed the hills that crushed me last week and then I was crushed by a monster new hill I added... I will conquer that hill, oh I will.

It's okay. I forgive. :)

Sunday: 2.5 bf around the neighborhood chip seal, bf
Monday: 5.75 in the am, around campus, hilly but nice pavement, bf
2.5 on the rough gravel roads in huaraches, heat of the day.

2.32 miles shod today. Crushed the hills that crushed me last week and then I was crushed by a monster new hill I added... I will conquer that hill, oh I will.

Nice! That hill ain't the boss of you no more!
I've been incorporating more hills lately, and our area has plenty of varying steepness, length, and overall altitude climb. There are a few that still make me want to whimper, on bike or on foot.

I hear that scedastic. I have a couple hills really close that are so steep I won't even think about attempting them while running with the stroller. Would put my son in a lot of danger if the stroller got away from me. Only another week and then I will have my Saturdays back so maybe I'll be able to do runs occasionally by myself again.

Ran 1.1 miles shod with my daughter this morning. I was so impressed with her as she is not a runner at all and she ran the mile in 11 min 9 sec! There were points where we were averaging a 10 min pace but then we hit a little but steep hill which derailed her.

3.04 miles shod today. Was running much faster than normal till I hit a half mile stretch right near the end of straight sun with no shade. That just totally killed my run and caused me to avg 11 min miles versus the 10 I was doing.

Week 8 Day 1 complete! 2.33 miles BF. Got my run pace into the 14's which means I ran nearly 2 solid miles! :barefoot:

It's still pretty hard for me. There were several times where I thought it would be so easy to just stop and walk a bit, but I pressed on to the full 28 minutes of non-stop running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts