Week 27 of 2012

scedastic

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
WOOOT!
7.75 miles, hilly, around my hood, in huaraches, cuz the pavement was getting hot and the chip seal on that route is too rough for my delicate nature.
Longest minimal run so far.

Reactions: NickW
Yay 1 mile barefoot today! Feels so good to be out running again! Gonna take it easy for a while though and make sure my knee is completely better before I start running longer distances again.

Reactions: scedastic
1 mile barefoot again and at the halfway point I did 5 sets of 3 broad jumps in the field next to the park. The broad jumps after pushing the pace for a half mile whipped my butt! I pushed the pace on the way back too! No idea how fast as again I did not take the Garmin.

2.08 super slow miles. This was my 4th day (I think) of doing week 4 of the C25K. I think I'll repeat this one ONCE more just to build my confidence up before I plunge into the dreaded week 5. :)

Happy 4th of July to my fellow USA-er's. :)

Just tallied up my miles for the first 6 months of the year and I'm a little behind my goal, but if I can stay injury free I should be able to make it. I have run 216.89 barefoot and minimalist miles. :) Just about 142 barefoot miles and only 75ish miles in minimalist shoes. My goal is to hit 500 miles for the year, but not sure if I will make it.

Reactions: jldeleon
2.13 miles in 32.57. Cooler but still freakin' humid. Started week 5 of the C25K and today was 5 minute warm up walk, run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5, cool down walk for 5. Less running than last week, but harder as all runs were 5 minutes and the breaks were shorter. My next run has two 8 minute runs. EEK!

I walked 1.82 miles with my son. He was barefoot. (He misses our barefoot runs.) I went barefoot for half or more of it. It was challenging. My toes felt like they were going to pop out of my skin, and I felt like I was walking on bones. But hey. I was walking.

Reactions: scedastic
Thanks!