Week 26 of 2012

pitbullmamaliz

Barefooters
May 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Woo Hoo, I got to start it!

Started week 4 of the C25K today. Kicked my butt but I did it! 5 minute warm up, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run (EEK!), 2 1/2 minute walk, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute cool down. This is the first week that I ran more than walked! And I did it. 1.95 miles. That second 5 minute run was HARD, LOL. But I think I can officially call myself a runner now since I ran more than walked. *big grin*

Awesome Liz!

Well today SUCKED for me. After running my first full mile last Monday, I didn't run again until today, though I did ride my bike last Wednesday and Saturday evening.

I'm still on Week 6 Day 2 of E25K, which is the 20 minute run. I barely managed 7 minutes or so before walking again. I ran a bit more and then had enough - nowhere near a mile and probably only 10 minutes total running. Of course, going out at high noon with temps nearly 100° already didn't help. And of course I was in the dreaded VFF's, i.e. sweat lockers. Guess I'm going to have to start dragging myself up at 5:30 if I want to continue this running stuff. At least that way I could continue on fully barefoot. Bad part is that it would be around my boring@$$ neighborhood instead of the much more scenic historic downtown area near my office.

4 miles sunday, paved trails near a friend's house, last 0.25 mile had to put on the huaraches cuz the pavement was hot.
4.5 miles today, in increments of 2.6, 0.34, and 1.5, as time permitted.

4.25 wed, bf as usual, hilly nbhd near my kids' swim lessons: 3.5 by myself, a couple turns around the block after swim with the kids
5 bf just now by myself, regular nbhd chip seal,
1.5 with the kids afterwards, practicing in my huaraches

Man not too much reporting this week. I still haven't run since Monday, though I did ride about 9 miles on the bike Tuesday evening.

When you have a forecast like this, it just makes you not want to do anything:
7_Day_Still_large.jpg

Actually those Wed and Thu numbers have come down a tick.

Man not too much reporting this week. I still haven't run since Monday, though I did ride about 9 miles on the bike Tuesday evening.

When you have a forecast like this, it just makes you not want to do anything:
7_Day_Still_large.jpg

Actually those Wed and Thu numbers have come down a tick.
Yikes, Patrick!
We've also been hot here, but now I'm almost thankful for the relative cool. Today is supposed to be a high in the low nineties (reported on the radio as 'cooler temps than yesterday')

looks like your morning lows are still hot hot hot. at least we hovered around 70 (humid) this morning

Glad I'm in the Pac NW and we are having a fairly cool summer so far. That would suck horribly bad to be in the same temps as Patrick. It actually would make me feel ill.

Yeah this past Monday was the first 100° day this year, which may be a record earliest day in the year to hit that. Then Tuesday it was a good 10 deg. cooler with 20% humidity. Tuesday late afternoon it was 90 but heat index was 87. That was when I rode the bike, that evening. It was very nice. But every day since then and for the next week is blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Holy crap, getting faster every run! Did more than 2 miles for the first time today! 2.17 miles in 31:31. That's a 14:22 mile!!! That being said, I'm going to repeat this particular week's workouts a couple more times as I'm still really struggling with the 5 minute runs. Probably 'cause I'm going faster, but I still feel like if I go any slower I'll be running in place. Oh well, I need to go at my own pace, so I'll repeat a week and not feel discouraged about it.

Reactions: NickW