week 25 of 2012

A great fathers day.
5k race ran BF with my daughter(she was shod). AG 2nd. My feet have a nice tingly feeling from the slightly rough surface. Time to cook shish kabobs and relax with a Corona.
I hope all the fathers are having a wonderful fathers day.

Reactions: scedastic
12 km in one hour yesterday. 400 meter track, easy to run, didn't have to worry about my soles or toes. New PR, better than anything I have ever done shod. Feel it today, though, slight pains in achilles, ankles, tendons. If I can run again without pain in a week, it was worth it.
On a month long tour to all our relatives in Norway; to their question about BFR I can now say, unable to hide my pride, that I just ran 12 km in an hour.:)

WOOHOOOO just ran my first full mile! No stopping or walking, either! Granted it was a slow 14 minutes to go that mile, but still, a full mile! Only took me 8 months to get here! :p

I'm on Week 6 Day 2 of E25K, which is 20 minutes solid running, with 5m warm up and cool down. I haven't managed to go the full 20 minutes yet, but I did go a full mile today which is HUGE for me!

Even just 6 months ago I could barely run 600 feet without stopping to walk.

That is, wait for it............................. AWESOME Patrick! Way to go! Don't knock yourself too hard about your pace, today I ran at a 13:55 avg pace. I'm just happy to be out there and running myself.

4.33 miles barefoot and 1.67 in huaraches. Giving myself a mandatory week off now due to some knee pain... :( Was hoping it wouldn't get any worse but today it finally did. Dang....

yesterday: afternoon run with the kids (2miles, some stops, shod, my form sucked). today: 3.6 mi, bf, hilly, one big hill at the end, up hill. humid. lunchtime. got a pebble in my next to pinkie toe. ouchie. bandaid to the rescue. was supposed to be a rest day, but oh well.

Woot! I just did week 3 of the C25K which goes from 90 second run intervals to a couple 3 minute run intervals, with a couple 90 second ones as well. I really didn't think I'd be able to do it. BUT I DID. I did those 3 minutes and could have done MORE. I was actually disappointed when my intervals were over! I was also a total goon and cheered and pumped my fist in the air a few times after my 3 minutes runs because I was so proud of myself. Fortunately at 5am nobody is out to see me being dumb. :) But anyway, mileage - increased my pace and did 1.95 miles. :)

Oh yes, I was on Week 3 for awhile. First time I completed that second 3-min run I also did the fist pump, and it was in the middle of the day! :p

Just for kicks I have thought about going back and doing a Week 1 workout just to see how much easier it is compared to where I'm at now with running a mile, and running 20 minutes (when I get to that point).

Reactions: pitbullmamaliz
Just wanted to share that today, during the hottest part of the day at 2:30 p.m., I walked around my neighborhood for a total of 1.82 miles. I ran down the hills and forced myself to continue running "to the end of that driveway or to that car." I tried the uphills just for a driveway or two here and there, and boy my hamstrings were loving it. I so miss feeling all the muscles at work. It's been 7 months since I've ran. I would consider today more of a walk than a run, since I didn't really run much at all, but it was nice. The VFFs hurt as there's not enough padding in the forefoot to deafen the ultra sensitivity, but the bones in my feet felt like they had no padding at all in my forefeet. It seems where the neuromas were removed has left big holes where the metatarsals are trying to seat back into; my metatarsals and toes have been out of alignment for nearly four years now, so they're trying to find the right position and "place" to be.

Overall, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't pleasant either. Maybe I just need to re-strengthen all the bones and tendons and muscles in my feet to make them strong again, then I will be able to tolerate the VFFs better...and the distance...and the running. I hope the nerves will get back to normal though because I can't wait to go bare!

tuesday: hot (95 degree afternoon sun) 1 mile to test out my huaraches (they felt ok for the run, but were irritating to walk the next day)
wednesday: 1.5 in the morning, bf
today: nada, day off. ankle bothering me from standing and walkign around museum (oddly, running doesn't seem to aggrevate it, but i hate to push it)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11