Week 24 of 2012

2.09 miles today barefoot at the hottest point of the day around 80 degrees. Did the steep hill behind my home a couple times and had enough so came back in for more studying... Can't wait for finals week to be done.

sunday: 3.5 barefoot on sidewalk, early enough that my feet didn't quite start to burn till the end.
grueling but fun day at the zoo reactivated my peroneal tendon again, but it's already almost better, so maybe a short run again tomorry?

4 miles yesterday: 1.5 around my neighborhood, 2.5 on the trail by my kids' school. no weird looks cuz nobody was around. it almost made me feel neglected.

Sunday - 5 miles park pavement... rain run
Monday - 7 miles roads... rain run
Tuesday - 7.5 miles trails
Thurs - 19 miles trails...last 5 were shod

1.84 hot, sweaty, difficult miles. This was supposed to be my final day of week 2 of the C25K but I think I'm going to do one more day of it. I'm just not confident I can expand my running intervals yet. Especially when it's this bloody hot (and I'm a sissy in the heat/humidity).

Planned a road run but started too late as the pavement was already heating up. Ended up doing a shoe test run in Altra Samsons...started out sockless as a test and blisters started on both Achilles(n0 surprise) after 2 miles then put on socks. Ran 11 miles trail and 2 miles roads...no further troubles after putting the socks on.

1.84 hot, sweaty, difficult miles. This was supposed to be my final day of week 2 of the C25K but I think I'm going to do one more day of it. I'm just not confident I can expand my running intervals yet. Especially when it's this bloody hot (and I'm a sissy in the heat/humidity).

Not sure where you are, but i hear ya on the heat. If i don't get myself out the door super early (for me), the pavement roasts my feet and my attitude.

Not sure where you are, but i hear ya on the heat. If i don't get myself out the door super early (for me), the pavement roasts my feet and my attitude.

I'm only in Cleveland, OH, but the humidity has been on the verge of pounding thunderstorm for a really long time, without the thunderstorm to ease it up.

Did probably 2 miles today, which would be a new record if I knew for sure it was that. My Fitbit says it was, but that's not as reliable as MapMyRun, which for some reason only recorded .3 miles. *sigh* But that's okay, I KNOW I went farther, and I felt great and now I'm ready to start Week 3 of C25K on Tuesday. :)

@Liz: midwest summer heat & humidity is what we have in abundance, too. Yicky sticky. Good perseverance.
The only nice thing is that if you train in this heat, the first nice cool day that comes along makes you feel like a puppy with lots of energy.
:)

LOL I bet that's the truth! I was hoping I would get rained on this morning during my run, but no luck. About 4 raindrops, enough to tell me that the humidity is at the breaking point. Bleh!