Week 22 of 2012

Dang Nick another PB... it took me 3 years to get a barefoot 13 mile run in...look at you!

Took a shoe detour away from barefooting for the last few days trying to pin down a trail shoe to wear for a 50 mile Ultra in Sept....5 shoes runs in 4 days, 2 blisters, 3 sore toes and some sore ankle muscles from the trails and I've had enough so its back to the regularly scheduled barefoot road runs the rest of the week or so.

Sunday 10 miles trail
Monday 16 miles trail
Tuesday 10 miles trail

A PB barefoot. If I ever run farther any farther than this that will be my PB shod or barefoot. I dunno though, my legs and feet were fine the other day but my energy level was just horrible and after 8 miles I hit a wall that had me questioning if I WANTED to keep going. After sitting on a park bench for about ten minutes and inspecting feet I decided to man up and use that Infantry will power I have and just push through the lack of energy. Feel pretty good today overall. Ankles are a little tender but nothing bad.

Wow, awesome Nick! Wish I were that far along, but my soles just aren't there yet.
This morning I managed to run 2.7m though, at least I'm back running again, spent
the day with my feet stinging though, I can tell I'm gonna have to take a day off... drat :)

Keep it up!

J.

Way to go Jaybird! I took yesterday off and will go for a short easy recovery run today. Glad you're able to run again. Don't push too hard yet if you're still hurting at all from your injury.

You guys rock with all those miles you're putting but shoddie moka seems to be having the most fun with all those blisters, sore toes and ankles ;) .

Yesterday I ran 5 BF miles at noon and biked 9 miles after work.
Today I'll be doing stair workouts...doing as much as I can while I can.

Reactions: NickW and dutchie53
5 miles today, last run of the month for me.

You guys rock with all those miles you're putting but shoddie moka seems to be having the most fun with all those blisters, sore toes and ankles ;) .

Managed 135 miles barefoot this month despite my shoddie ways.:) Dama wish you well with the operation tomorrow... hope your recovery is quick and your back on the road soon!

Reactions: NickW and Zetti
9mi on Saturday
5mi on Monday
6mi on Tue.
By the end of the week this will be my highest mileage week BF yet
Should get into the low 30s

slowly but surly I'm getting my mileage up there

3 miles. 2.2 barefoot as the ball of my left foot was tender and I kept stepping on sharp objects with that part of the foot so put on my huaraches for last .8 mile.

I bought a pair of Luna sandals, but have not run in them yet. I notice just walking
around in them that inevitably a small rock/pebble will get caught between my foot
and the sandal and then the damn thing doesn't just fall off like when you're really
barefoot, is that a frequent problem?

I really DO enjoy wearing them to work however, i got the original with suede top
and they are already nicely conforming to my feet. Isn't it a hassle carrying them with
you for an emergency? How do you do it?

Jaybird, I actually run while pushing a stroller mostly so I just throw them in the storage bin if I even take them with me. I typically don't bring them with me unless I have just done a big run recently. I know my feet will be more sensitive shortly after a big run so I plan ahead just in case I need them. I have a pair of Luna ATS which I hated the straps on so I am currently trying to figure out a better strapping system I can be happy with. My favorite huaraches are my own homemade ones but they are starting to wear a little in the ball of the foot so I need to replace them in the next few months. I think I am going to turn the Lunas I have into a sandal similar to the Unshoes Pah Tempe. As far as getting pebbles in them I have had that happen but it is pretty infrequent. I don't really run off road in them though usually because I am pushing a stroller.

Easy 4 mile trail run, walked a little here and there on the uphills.
with all the mileage you are putting on you deserve a nice 4 miler!!

planned on going 5...only did 1.5 because of suspected ITBS pain....going to start rolling today....nip this thing in the bud quick! Dont want to miss my marathon this fall

Reactions: pbarker
3.3 miles in huaraches today. PF flare up bad in my opposite heel of what I normally have it in. Having a hell of a time just walking now. Damn and it's supposed to rain tomorrow... Really really wanted to run in it...:barefoot:

3.3 miles in huaraches today. PF flare up bad in my opposite heel of what I normally have it in. Having a hell of a time just walking now. Damn and it's supposed to rain tomorrow... Really really wanted to run in it...:barefoot:
Do you do heel drops? You should try doing them. It's supposed to be good for achilles tendonitis. Which in turn should help the PF. I do them and I don't even have tendonitis, but they really help my hips out as well (long story as to how that's related). I like how this website explains why they work.

http://www.tendonitisexpert.com/eccentric-heel-drops.html

Yes Jen I do them. That's part of how I got mostly rid of it on the right heel. :D I'm going to try running today so wish me luck. I feel pretty good so hopefully no issues today. Except it's not raining today.... Damn I hate missing the good running weather. :(

I know, I did not look at the weather and I woke up and screamed inside my head about the damn sun being out. Let us know how you feel after today's run. Good luck!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts