Week 21 of 2012

11.08 miles barefoot today. Not sure what crawled up my butt, but man I felt good out there so I just kept going. Learned not to use MapMyRun on long runs though. It killed my phone and my wife had people out looking for me as my run obviously lasted much longer than normal. I am in so much trouble... Oops. On a good note this was my longest barefoot run ever and my feet look great despite all the water and rain I was running in. :D

Nice run Nick! Sometimes good things happen when we least expect it.

Sunday - 4 miles shod trail miles
Monday - 6 miles road
Today - 7 miles paved park trails...found a nicer flat course for future Maff tests

Forgot to put in yesterdays recovery run of 1.51 barefoot miles. Today I ran 4.76 and saw my now going to be ex-podiatrist who was running in the same park. He had stopped to ask someone for directions and you should have seen his face when he realized I was running up barefoot. He straight up looked fuming mad and then wouldn't acknowledge me when I said hi doc. He turned his head away and just pretended I wasn't there. Most people, even if my barefootedness offends them, will at least reply back with a smile or hi. I know he heard me as he stared me right in the face when I said it and I was maybe 5 feet away from him. I actually stewed over that for the next two miles. Oh well, he just lost a patient.

Wed - 6 miles
Thurs - 6miles
Today to finish up the week 7 miles, its was noticeably warmer and humid this morning...had to run about 15 seconds per mile slower.

Ran an unplanned 6 miles on trails in Vibram Kso's today...hadn't ran in these shoes since last fall...I'm not a Vibram fan but these felt pretty good at this distance.