Washington Post Story: "The War On Shoes"

I don't know much about

I don't know much about Norway but from what Nyal says, it seems pretty similar to Sweden. Full-time barefooters are few and far between, I only know of one really and all he wears is a pair of shorts and a walkman all year round. However, I haven't come across a home where shoes were allowed inside, it's just not done. Also, I remember when I was in school and I started sixth grade, I felt like I was all grown up because we didn't have to remove our shoes in class anymore.

It's not that barefooting is common around here, it's just that nobody cares what you wear.

Mike wrote:Its illegal to

Mike said:
Its illegal to wear my bare feet to the library?? :O I didn't realize it was not allowed, I just thought it was frowned upon...

Once I got a stern warning from a librarian for kicking my shoes off UNDER THE COMPUTER DESK! I don't know...I think she had x-ray vision or something. And I was wearing socks! Crazy crazy lady!!!

I really wish it was easier to be barefoot in places. But so far so good on the Grocery store / Target / Thrift Store / Small shops front. I've never been approached in such places. Not even some bars. They don't seem to care.

Back home my parents and brother wear their shoes in the house all the time. My dad is the worst. He wears very supportive shoes for his back problems from the moment he gets out of bed to the moment he goes back to sleep...and I always wonder if he would benefit from the good posture that barefoot walking brings. I guess I'll never know.

They think I'm pretty weird, but they're proud of my madness too :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test