Warning - Offensive Words - Words We Shouldn't Use on this Forum

talonraid

Barefooters
Feb 11, 2011
In the interest of not getting kicked off of another forum without warning (Chaser)....

Should we have a list of words we shouldn't write in the discussion? Just curious. I'm foul mouthed but try to tone it down for the forums, but sometimes what offends people is truly amazing to me. Maybe my language filter is not as highly tuned as some other people. I see it as a handicap.

No.  We shouldn't make a list

No. We shouldn't make a list of possibly offensive words. You all know what can be offensive to others. Leave it in your heads. Thank you.

BTW, unlike "that other

BTW, unlike "that other place," I would give you a warning. And there. You've been warned. ;-)

Unless you've been extremely

Unless you've been extremely naughty.

Well, I'm offended by

Well, I'm offended by emoticons.

(No subject)

blue-footed-boobies-sula-nebouxii-excisa.jpg

Barefoot TJ wrote:No.  We

Barefoot TJ said:
No. We shouldn't make a list of possibly offensive words. You all know what can be offensive to others. Leave it in your heads. Thank you.

Now, wait just a second...

Aren't we in a pub? Children aren't allowed in a pub...

Why the F can't we say F in a pub?

I say F all the time. In fact, I often use F as a preposition in a prepositional phrase.

(I am entirely serious, here.)

It says "...you have to be 18 to enter...".

What am I missing?

I don't want to be difficult, but, as much as it hurts me, I have to agree with Talon on this. What can we say or not say? Post or not post? Discuss or not discuss?

What is offensive to one, may not be offensive to others. And again, do I need to mention, this is a supposed pub and no admittance to minors?

Can we not say "lager" whilst imbibing in our pub? Are only "ales" allowed in the pub?

WE HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!

Talon and Pilot, you two

Talon and Pilot, you two are behaving like two year olds don't make me bring the supper nanny to babysit you.

Just say what's in your mind and roll with the punches.

You heard TJ, she'll give you a warning

That's not the issue...I

That's not the issue...

I don't want anyone to be summarily dismissed as Chaser was chased (pun intended) from the "other" place, without warning or without knowing the "why". So...

If there are things we can or cannot say, I (and I assume Talon since he started the post) would like to know.

My thoughts are that in the pub, anything goes but put the "would you say that to your mother?" hat on for the rest of the foums.

Even that you chided me and Talon... It's nice to "see" you again.

Among those that A$$ words

Among those that A$$ words that I would find offesnive:

Horse's...

Two-Headed-Donkey-32469.jpg

Dumb...

donkey-cart-fail.jpg

Smart...

donkeys1.jpg

Fat...

10.JPG

KK's...

kim_kardashian_02.jpg

So there's a question about

So there's a question about what words we can use

here?

I think we should look into

The depths of out souls and

find what our

usual

concious would say if we used words that were not

kind.

And furthermore, we should

say to each other on the forum what we would

say to each other in the real world.

Causing

outrage with our words is too

common an occurance and can

kill a friendship.

And there goes shorty. It was

And there goes shorty. It was very nice meeting you.

I figured that if I can't say a word that my mommy won't aproved, then I won't say it at all.

But then again is just me.

Thanks Pilot, it's nice to be back.

I asked for a list of

I asked for a list of unusable words in high school one time. Really, who decides what I can and can't say? Aren't all words just higher levels of expression? As long as their not used disrespectfully.

Example (edited of course...)

Whats wrong with saying...

The trail was (insert "naughty" F word here) rough!

But I think something disrespectfull like....

Hey Talon, go (insert naughty F word here) yourself you dirty richard inhaler.

...would be inappropriate because its rude and not used as an adjective.

But I support TJ in her decision since this is her house and I'm just hanging out. Lol.

Oh, and for the record, TJ

Oh, and for the record, TJ has sent me a warning once. And since I do enjoy posting here I've acknowledged her request and I'm hoping all is well now!

My mom cusses a lot and so

My mom cusses a lot and so did my grandmother. I'm just sayin....

Unfortanely I spend my life working with people who take a slightly different look at life and don't generally take the spoken word as a weapon for emotional carnage.

Oh, and I would have no problem saying

in front of anyone's mom or grandmother for that case. I think a well known cancer organization that's been in the news somewhat lately and has an entire line of "Save the "B"-Word" attire would be surprised as well. But, I won't say

anymore on this forum. I do hope that if I utter or write another word that someone takes offense to like...squid for example and PilotRunner starts to cry that I'll be given a tap on the shoulder and not kicked to the curb.

My mom cusses a lot and so

My mom cusses a lot and so did my grandmother. I'm just sayin....

My grandmother used to chew snuff, but you don't see me doing it!

Uh oh. I KNOW I've written

Uh oh. I KNOW I've written offensive stuff on BRS before. Um...and now that I think about it, just posting a link to my blog is probably offensive to some especially considering some of my blog posts so my apologies, TJ. You've never sent me a warning before but I'm sure you should have. I'm so used to being pretty "expressive" with what I post on FB that I forget sometimes. Sorry.