WARNING: Contains Graphic Pictures -- Well, I'm off to my first surgery. Wish me well!

holy crap. clean em up and

holy crap. clean em up and cook em in butter. look like sweet breads to me. mm tasty.

i wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully you read this before the meds kick in.

I just took some Demerol,

I just took some Demerol, well an hour ago, and it hasn't kicked in yet. :-(

Thank you, Mike.

Thanks, sweetie.

Thanks, sweetie.

Use the meds, get plenty of

Use the meds, get plenty of rest, we know you will wean yourself off properly.

At least it's finaly done!

Before you know it you'll be in fine form for IBRD '12.

migangelo wrote:holy crap.

migangelo said:
holy crap. clean em up and cook em in butter. look like sweet breads to me. mm tasty.

I know. I feel like I lost five pounds! Hee.

Thanks, Board.  Yes, I hate

Thanks, Board. Yes, I hate pain killers. They always make me feel sick in the head, in more ways than one, and they give me a headache. I even have trouble sleeping on them. My minds just goes and goes. Sometimes they knock me out though, depends if I got any sleep prior to taking them and if I had something to eat or an empty stomach. No need to worry about me. I won't get addicted to this junk.

Wow, how could such big

Wow, how could such big things ever live in just one foot? Makes me think of gigantic parasites
sick.png

I´ve missed this thread so far but still want to add one more "I wish you a good recovery!"

ooof... that's a little more

ooof... that's a little more than I was expecting, too! So, now that they're out, what's left in your foot? Do or will you have feeling in there anymore? Or, what? I don't exactly understand this ...

Anyway, you're a real trooper, TJ, and you'll be fine one way or another.

Heal quickly.Awesome

Heal quickly.

Awesome pictures by the way!

Criminy!  Those pics are

Criminy! Those pics are something else! Now I know why I didn't become a surgeon. (Well - OK - maybe lack of mental capacity and skill also contributed to that "decision"..................)

Jim

Thanks you guys!  I'm doing

Thanks you guys! I'm doing much better this afternoon. This foot was much worse, pain-wise post-surgery, than the first one, and I really was fretting laying here in so much pain. The Demerol was good for the first foot, but I found the Codeine to work better for this foot, it just took a few hours to figure it out. :-(

Jörn, to be honest, I will continue to live and run barefoot as I have been, but I may wear a pair of :sexy: high heels once or twice a year to go to a banquet or party. I am a girl, after all. Everything in moderation, and shoes for me will be extremely moderate. I will also be able to wear footwear when the temps are in the 20s and 30s now, but will I? Probably not or most of the time not. I plan to only wear minshoes when they are truly needed, extreme temps, difficult terrain. But you all know me. I like to run barefoot, even when the trail is difficult and even when the temps are extreme. I guess I will just take it day-by-day.

Willie, All, what happened was they removed the scarred, defective nerves from the interspaces (between) the 2nd & 3rd and 3rd & 4th metatarsals (two on each foot). When they do that, they take out the nerve branch along with the defective nerve/neuroma. The nerve branch runs up between the metatarsals and brances off to both toes on either side of the nerve. My middle toe will be numb, and the two toes on either side will be half numb, the side of the toe that is closest to the middle toe. I will have feeling on the other side of toes 2 and 4. I will eventually have feeling in the majority of the balls of my feet but probably not at the base. We'll see.

The red box is where the numbness will be. I will have to be extra careful when running barefoot because I won't know if I've hurt myself while running (or walking) until I get home to wash my feet or check on them now and again during my runs (like who wants to do that?).

ToeNumbness2.jpg

Ouch. I have a hard enough

Ouch. I have a hard enough time not blistering my middle toe even with full sensitivity. Still, must be a lot better than having the neuromas. Wishing you a speedy recovery, even though you're a hoot when you're all drugged up. ;)

Shoes are tools, use them as

Shoes are tools, use them as needed. For myself I am making exceptions from the living barefoot rule from time to time (no high heels though, obvious reasons :)) Cold weather is a good reason, pain is an even better one. At the end of the day the only measurement that counts is that we enjoy ourselves and have a good time as much as that is possible under any circumstance.

Life is too short to wear bad footwear!

Cheers

Jörn

So, were your toes spread

So, were your toes spread apart like they were because of the neuromas? Or is that just sort of the way you're made?

So, you'll be able to feel, for instance, the part of a pair of huraches that goes between your big toe and your really, really long toe? ;)

I've long believed that feet are God's great equalizer - they're all pretty absurd-looking. When I was a teenager and left speechless by how beautiful some girl looked, I just looked at her feet, to help realize we're pretty silly at the bottom of it. :)

That spreading you see in the

That spreading you see in the picture pre-op was due to the large size of the neuromas. The toes had no where to go but space apart in order to accommodate the neuromas. My toes were not like that three years ago, when the MN pain began to become intolerable. Nice little deformity, huh? I hope now that the neuromas are gone, my toes will straighten long and purty like they used to be.

Yes, I will be able to feel the straps from the huaraches, if I were to wear them that way. I learned to prefer an alternate tying method though where the straps crisscross over the top of the foot instead of run through the toes.

Sweet thought, GBurg. I never paid much attention to people's feet before, and I really don't now either. They've become so common-place to me they could be equated to looking at shoes in the shod world. But you're right, some people have beautiful feet, and some people have some ugly feet!

It's been a week since #2

It's been a week since #2 surg, how you feeling TJ? How're you doing getting around the house?

Meds still or not?

I'm off the meds; sadly, I

I'm off the meds; sadly, I ran out. :-(

I'm doing better. I can take a few steps on my heels, more weight on the first foot than the left, then it hurts like hell, so I have to get off my feet. I do a lot of scooching on my hiney to get around the house. The surgi-strips are gone from my first foot, and the scar is so thin, I don't think I will notice it much later once it's completely healed, especially after I use the Mederma and Vitamin E oil. I'll take pictures to show you soon.

My back is getting weaker and weaker by the day, so it hurts to sit and lay around, but I have no choice.

Thanks for asking about me.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS