Vivobarefoot for farmwork? Which one should I choose?

Bee

Barefooters
Jan 20, 2016
I work on a farm and my boss doesn't like the fact that I work in flip flops :) and also the winter is coming... So I need shoes.
I found that in my country the only real barefoot company js Vivobarefoot wit their crazy expensive shoes.
So the ones I can afford are:
Waterloo (good that it's water resistant, but I heard its too narrow for many people)
Evo pure (i heard there are problems with durability)
One
Trail freak
I need something really durable (usually my shoes break in 2 months)

Last edited:
From Vivo Barefoot the Scott may be another consideration. I think the lack of responses indicates what I first thought when I read your thread. Who spends $180 or so on shoes for farmwork? They all sort of have a dressy look to them- even the sports models. The Vivo when you take it out of the box- getting from that to stomping in the mud and getting it caught on barbwire and cow patties- I'm like: that is a stretch for me. I couldn't do it! You might look at Keen shoes. Most of them have roomy toes. They are not zero drop though but are sturdy and have waterproof models with a technology called KeenDry. Also, the best part; 1/2 the price.

What kind of farm? Around here when you say farm you conjure images of trudging shin deep in manure, most farmers just where simple all rubber boots. Of course there are tree farms and organic veggie farms which might not need as heavy duty boots as a dairy farm. Can you get Lems where you are? I like their boulder boot although I got it on a very big sale. But it would be great for a minimalist boot for outside work. Not nearly as heavy duty as a workboot but sounds like you don't need that anyhow. They do say they ship worldwide. http://www.lemsshoes.com/womens-boulder-boot-black just throwing that out there. I got to agree with Tilley, Vivo wouldn't come to mind for a work shoe for the farm, but again depends on your farm.

I used to farm in cheap leather boots generically called desert/sand boots. They have a much wider sole and the drop was less. After the sole wore down I took them to the town cobbler and got even flatter soles put on. With some regular care, they were quite waterproof. My soles got wider wearing them and they were very comfortable walking 20k/day everyday.

But it all depends were you farm and with what.