Vivobarefoot Dharma

Product Review

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2012
Reviewed by: Markyb13
Date Product Reviewed: 02/03/2012
Product Type: Footwear

2012-04-07_142332.png

Haven't logged in for a while and saw the add for the vivobarefoot shoes. BEWARE of this company.

I bought the Dharma model for my workplace. I'm a nurse who walks on linoleum floors, and the red rubber band around the shoe separated from the leather after one 12 hour shift revealing the stitching. So, there was a 1/8 inch gap on the sides that widened as my feet bent at the toes.

When I contacted the company (head of customer service), I was told the band was for "decorative purposes", and the shoes would not be replaced because I had worn them. I was also told I should have walked on a "carpeted surface first" to see if the shoe would work for me. How crazy is that, and those shoe were not cheap.

I have the same pair, I wore them for 2 years everyday at work and I was on my feet all day walking around as a facility manager, and the shoes do not even looked worn. I don't wear them anymore because they are to hot.

I hate to say this but Vivo is correct, in fact all shoe companies will tell you to walk in their shoes on carpet, that is just their way to cover themselves.

Hi, folks!

I got these shoes for my job (funnily enough, I'm a nurse too!) and I've found them to be pretty durable. However, as BG mentioned, they get hot, my feet get sweaty very quickly and the skin on the bottom of my feet get wrinkly and soft.

Can anyone recommend a zero heal drop shoe that is also breathable and won't get my feet soggy? Ta!

Hi, folks!

I got these shoes for my job (funnily enough, I'm a nurse too!) and I've found them to be pretty durable. However, as BG mentioned, they get hot, my feet get sweaty very quickly and the skin on the bottom of my feet get wrinkly and soft.

Can anyone recommend a zero heal drop shoe that is also breathable and won't get my feet soggy? Ta!

I dont know if they make a leather dress shoe period that isnt hot...

I have the Ra in black leather which I bought for work, similar to the Dharma. I work 12hr shift though I am not on my feet much. I really like em! Had em for 1-2 months so far. I wear them with Injinji wool liner socks and they handle the small amount of persperation very well. Seriously thinking about also getting a brown leather pair, but due to the somewhat high costs I think I'll just use the black ones when I need a dress shoe.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts