video of my kid playing piano - please view :-)

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
Hi!

my daughter Isabella puts a lot of work into her piano playing and every once in a while we get around to posting a video at youtube (mostly so her Oma in NY can enjoy).

This one is called 'Saturday Night Boogie'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cacrCoxThw0[/b]

Please have a look and if you have a youtube account, leave her a nice word or two! Thank you all :)

Very cute.  My little boy

Very cute. My little boy says, "Wow! She's good!"

TJ - thank you! You left a

TJ - thank you! You left a great comment, made Isabella laugh :) She's 12, been playing instruments since she was four, started piano about three years ago. She does it mostly on her own, but sometimes we have to kind of nudge her along, usually when she has something difficult from her teacher, lol.

Very cool! Every adult I know

Very cool! Every adult I know just about who can't play piano wishes they could, including me.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Very

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Very cool! Every adult I know just about who can't play piano wishes they could, including me.

Including me, too! I tried but.... forget it, no way. It's such a great instrument and I've learned a lot about it and music in general watching my daughter progress. Difference is, she can actually play, lol.

Thanks for checking out, man :)

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Very

NotSoDoomedRunner said:

And me! I took 2 semesters of lessons as a kid, parents made me, and I DESPISED it!!! Of course now I wish I could play.

i wanted lessons growing up

i wanted lessons growing up but never got them. she did good.

She is amazing Willie!  My

She is amazing Willie! My son (20 months) crawled up into my lap as I listened to this and he was just trasfixed and kept doing his bouncing dancing thing. I started to teach myself in 7th or 8th grade in a music program for school, but it was such a brief thing, like an exposure to music kind of class. The teacher said I had a natural talent for it, but my mom was never able to afford to get me into doing it. She had to have help from my grandparents just to make sure we had a roof over our heads and food on the table. I hope someday I can buy a piano and start learning again because I did really enjoy the little I had learned at the time.

Hey thanks, guys! Nick -

Hey thanks, guys! :)

Nick - that's a real shame. Money should never be an obstacle keeping a talented person from pursuing an art! If your little guy is interested in music, then encourage him any way you can. And the younger you start, the better, especially with piano or violin (violin, however is brutal at first).

We try to support our kids

We try to support our kids anyway we can. I grew up dirt poor and I do not want my kids to grow up that way and miss out on things because of that. I will find a way to make sure they can do what they want to do. My teenage daughter writes songs and sings. She wrote her first song after her great grandpa died almost 4 years ago. Shocked all of us with how good she is at writing.

My 9-year-old son played

My 9-year-old son played guitar for a couple of "seasons." When it was time to go for a third, we asked him if he was truly interested, and he said no. Bummer because he was doing so well too.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts