VIDEO: Meet the Yakima man who strived to walk barefoot around the world

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Barefoot TJ, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Hippolyte.jpeg
    Meet the Yakima man who strived to walk barefoot around the world
    By King5

You’ve probably never heard of Hippolyte Martinet. But once you learn about his journey, you’ll never forget him.

"That was a story I had to share," Martinet's great-great niece, Micae Martinet said. "From what I understand, it started out as a spirited debate between his brother and himself."

It was 1920, just after the end of World War I and the last great flu pandemic, when the Yakima cabinet maker declared he was ready to set out on an adventure across the United States and around the world.

To continue reading, please visit: https://www.king5.com/article/enter...orld/281-df6d25ec-18a7-445f-b4e3-15eb2e9b98b2

Meet the Yakima man who strived to walk barefoot around the world
    KING5.com
    Meet the Yakima man who strived to walk barefoot around the world ... training to compete in the 11-month long Clipper Round the World Race.

2. Neil_D

Neil_D Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

Very inspirational and moving. I wish I had half as much boldness to have a great adventure like that.
    In todays world be are taught more to fear each other than to believe that people are kind and will help out. A book I would like to read.

Neil

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  3. peter.robinson

peter.robinson Barefooters
    1. Australia

It certainly looks like an interesting read, however the photos of his stride lead me to think that his form would make my knees hurt :)

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  4. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Hello Peter. I see what you're saying. Maybe he was striding that way to get past the cameras, hopefully anyway.