Vibrams???

I've completed 3 half marathons and a 10KM in Bilika's. What I'm running with dialy.

Currently they are so worn out at the moment they are almost worn through. I mostly run on the road but off-road is just as nice...never had a problem.

I bought Vibram Speed XC's - just because they are waterproof and better for winter running - will start using them soon.

Reactions: Nopp
Just curious, if you're planning on running on smooth surfaces, why use any shoes? Why not barefoot?

Why not go to the store and try out different models, get advise and buy the ones that where we're the best to run in for you.

Here we have the luxury of a store with a inside lane to try out different minimalistic shoes, they have the whole vibram collection.

Reactions: KTR
From my experience, different Vibrams have different fits. I own a pair of Trek LS, 2 pairs of KSO, 1 pair of Bikila LS, and 1 pair of Komodo Sport.
The Trek LS are already worn out, but I don't remember them as being the most comfortable ones. Actually, they are not made for running but for hiking —although the Trek sole gets slippery on hard, wet surfaces. The KSO have a great fit and provide the most "grounded" feel. It's usually advised to get one size less than the one you normally use.
The KMD Sport —I got them because I found a bargain price, but I don't like them. I don't run comfortably on them.
IMO, the best ones for running are the Bikila LS (or probably any other model featuring the Bikila sole). For me they have a proper balance between ground feel and ground isolation.

Also, some say VFFs are to be worn without socks. However, if you do that your VFFs are likely to totally stink after a few uses. I did that with my first pair of KSO and I've found no way to remove the stinking odour :hungover:

Reactions: Nopp
From my experience, different Vibrams have different fits. I own a pair of Trek LS, 2 pairs of KSO, 1 pair of Bikila LS, and 1 pair of Komodo Sport.
The Trek LS are already worn out, but I don't remember them as being the most comfortable ones. Actually, they are not made for running but for hiking —although the Trek sole gets slippery on hard, wet surfaces. The KSO have a great fit and provide the most "grounded" feel. It's usually advised to get one size less than the one you normally use.
The KMD Sport —I got them because I found a bargain price, but I don't like them. I don't run comfortably on them.
IMO, the best ones for running are the Bikila LS (or probably any other model featuring the Bikila sole). For me they have a proper balance between ground feel and ground isolation.

Also, some say VFFs are to be worn without socks. However, if you do that your VFFs are likely to totally stink after a few uses. I did that with my first pair of KSO and I've found no way to remove the stinking odour :hungover:

Second that, only I have the KMD Sport and do like them to run on., haven't tried or bought the Bikila's yet. But it's still my first pair.
I've been told that the KMD sports will last about 1100 km. Can't confirm this done only 70 now.

Reactions: KTR
How do I know which Vibram FiveFingers to get they make different ones for different prices? I'm just trying to run on smooth concrete like sidewalks and pavement

I would recommend these

Alitza.jpg

I believe the model is called Alitza.
To my knowledge these are the lightest and thinnest of all the models.
I own a pair and they are great.
Although I do not run in them (only use them to play squash), if I were to choose something to run on smooth concrete sidewalks I would definitely pick these.

Last edited:
Reactions: hikerdana