USDA Recommends "No Meat Mondays", huh?

You young pup!

14 was 24 years ago for me.

Sh!t I'm getting old!

I have a tendency of making people feel old but all my friends are almost 30 or older so I always just really feel really young all the time and not in the good way.

I didn't do biology past age 14, then only biochemical engineering at university so between the basics and the advanced (including home brew) I guess I missed the middle part.
I took biology 101 a year and a half ago. It has changed so much in the last 20 years and was so confusing that I gave up any sort of medical or vet dreams... Only reason I passed was because of a curve in the grading scale because nearly everyone was failing...

It's funny, at 38, there are people going to university now that weren't even born when I first started there.

But you know what, I had a great time today playing the fool with my kids and trying to explain the tactics of the olympic road race to an 8 year old.

I also feel fitter today than when turned 25, and I can always tell my sister she'll be 40 next year!

I'd choose practice over theory any day of the week.

Knowledge is useless without application.

As they say, knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
^^^ Does fish count as meat?
For me, yes, and also other sea food. Clams, shrimp, crab, etc. Although when I decreased my meat consumption overall, I did start eating more seafood. Once again, I have nothing against eating meat, I just try to find good sources of meat.

I really concentrate on "quality" calories. Food with the most nutrients per calorie. Food that will satisfy for longer periods of time with smaller portion sizes.

For me, yes, and also other sea food. Clams, shrimp, crab, etc. Although when I decreased my meat consumption overall, I did start eating more seafood. Once again, I have nothing against eating meat, I just try to find good sources of meat.

I really concentrate on "quality" calories. Food with the most nutrients per calorie. Food that will satisfy for longer periods of time with smaller portion sizes.
I love seafood, and the way it makes meat taste all the better after several days of eating lighter fleshed cousins. Flesh variations are key. Pork is another delicious meat substitute ;) .

Yes, pork is probably be the last meat I give up, if at all. I purchase a locally raised and butchered pig and the sausage is incredible. My mother-in law (Bavarian) makes a pork dish called Schweinebraten that is a treat.
images

Now I'm starved and it's Monday:mad:.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Of the meats that I'm curretnly free of, I think lamb/mutton is the most missed as well as game (venison, pigeon, hare, rabbit etc) they just have much better flavour than farmed meat.

Knowing where it comes from is definitely important, I buy as much as I can from the local farmers markets, and in some cases regularly ride past those farms on my bike.

Pilotrunner:

I'd like to stop for a beer and burger. Please make mine buffalo. I will ride my bike over without a helmet and probably won't die.

Also, I am riding my bike because I like riding my bike, not because I am green.

No Tatanka available. I have: Axis, Whitetail and Elk for your selection...

Elk please! Man I miss Elk... I really miss Antelope too, stinky critters though... Moose is really good as well. I don't hunt anymore though since returning home from Afghanistan so now I rarely get any of these meats. Usually only get them when my grandfather gets them, he gives some out to us grand kids for Christmas, or if I can stop at this meat place in MT that is fantastic!