USDA Recommends "No Meat Mondays", huh?

pilotrunner

Barefooters
Feb 18, 2011
In honor of the USDA recommending that Americans forgo meat on Mondays, I vow to eat two portions of meat EVERY Monday just to make up for some dumba$$ who believes this feces.

Come on, who's with me?

My family will be having Axis burgers on Monday. I'll be having two.

In honor of the USDA recommending that Americans forgo meat on Mondays, I vow to eat two portions of meat EVERY Monday just to make up for some dumba$$ who believes this feces.

Come on, who's with me?

My family will be having Axis burgers on Monday. I'll be having two.
I'll be with you in spirit, but Friday is our big meat day, and I don't think I'd be willing to change the ritual just to defy some inconsequential pinhead.

I'll have two servings also, mine and Bare Lee's

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Then one serving will have to be ribeye.

Well if I am goint to pay for it I am going to eat what I well darn please-so there! :p

no meat Mondays......was that chosen because it rhymes?? Why not no turkey Tuesdays, no wine Wednesdays, no thyme Thursdays, no fry Friday, no soup Saturday, no sausage Sunday……did I miss anything?

no meat Mondays......was that chosen because it rhymes?? Why not no turkey Tuesdays, no wine Wednesdays, no thyme Thursdays, no fry Friday, no soup Saturday, no sausage Sunday……did I miss anything?

Idk...I think no sausage Saturday and no soup Sunday sounds better...

You can have my meat.

There's something so wrong with that statement!:(

Idk...I think no sausage Saturday and no soup Sunday sounds better...

We actually have an annual event here called Soup Sunday benefiting charity where tons of local restaurants come out with their soup, bread, and dessert offerings. Pay like 15 bucks and have all you want. It's so awesome I look forward to it every year. :)

I do meatless Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. I plan to add another day each year, but I don't know if I will ever be a vegetarian. It has really cut the meat consumption overall. My brother-in-law thinks that you would just double up on the meat on the "allowed" days, but it really doesn't work that way. It has been fun discovering other food choices. But now that the USDA recommends it, I might go back to my old ways.

This is coming from an alfalfa grower. I should be sitting on the beef and dairy councils, but judging from their pictures in the Farm Bureau magazines, I'd rather be eating veggies.

^^^ Does fish count as meat?

I had an argument with a co-worker once about this. She kept going on and on about how she was going to cut out meat and only eat fish. I kept telling her fish was meat. She kept denying it. Then I told her, "Humans eat from two types of food, plants or animals, which category would you put fish in?" Shut her up.

wouldn't fungus be part of the plant kingdom?

I didn't do biology past age 14, then only biochemical engineering at university so between the basics and the advanced (including home brew) I guess I missed the middle part.

Still, I know how to get s. cerivisiae to multiply in a rich nutrient broth:)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts