update: Ken Bob’s Nor’easter Plus Tour (2013)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Ken Bob, May 16, 2013.

1. Barefoot Ken Bob

Barefoot Ken Bob Administrator
    1. California...

Ken Bob’s Nor’easter Plus Tour (2013)

I am still looking for venues for my multimedia presentation in several locations

I would like to get these event finalized before I send out my last newsletter this weekend before leaving California.

Since I will be busy traveling in less than a week, and preparing to travel before I leave, I really need some local volunteers to represent me, to help arrange and confirm venues for my multimedia presentations at/or near the following locations on/or near the listed dates. I may already have overnight hosting in or within a few hours drive of most of these cities:

2013 June 20 Thursday, TBA, Princeton NJ
    2013 June 21 Friday, TBA,Voorhees NJ
    2013 June 26 Wednesday, TBA, Stroudsburg PA

The biggest obstacle may be that, besides being barefoot, I will be traveling with my big furry dog, Herman, who is, by-the-way, not a freeloader. At nearly 90 pounds, Herman is literally a huge part of the show!

As a volunteer you would be acting as my (Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton's) representative, to find a venue that is interested, would welcome me, my bare feet, and my dog, and could host my presentation on/or near the listed dates in/or near the listed cities.

This does not need to be a huge auditorium or anything like that, but perhaps a corner of a store where 10-20 people could gather and watch and participate in the multimedia show.

I have a multimedia presentation and I am looking for places to set up my own equipment (projector, screen, notebook computer, wireless microphones, video cameras, small P.A. system, etc.). Should be a nice dry space out of the direct sun and rain with electricity (110-120AC). Often sporting goods, running specialty, holistic health centers, etc., type of venues may welcome presentations like this at no charge, since it draws potential customers into their store. I am willing to do the presentation for FREE in hopes of selling more books to help pay for my travel.

Stores such as Fleet Feet Sports in West Hartford CT, and Eastern Mountain Sports in New York City have already agreed to host my presentation, and welcome me, my bare feet, and my dog, PscyhoHerman.com

My presentation is titled:
    "How to Move Forward without Breaking your Feet or other Body Parts – EVEN in ‘barefoot shoes’!"

The goal of these FREE presentations is to help people (especially adults) understand how and why being barefoot can help people teach themselves how to run and/or walk more gently, efficiently, and gracefully through PLAY and the use of the good senses we have been blessed with in, among other places, the soles of our feet.

Time permitting, I will also offer other health tips for lazy people like myself.

In a retail-type venue, Ken Bob could offer books for sale (auto-foot-print-graphed).

Co-author: Barefoot Running Step by Step (2011)
    Founder: the Original Running Barefoot website (1997)
    Editorial Panel, Advisor, and Writer (2012) for The Natural Born Runner Magazine
    More than 400 races completed barefoot (1998-present)
    Senior Adviser The Barefoot Runners Society (2010-present)
    Featured speaker (2012) at the Suggs Sports Medical Symposium

“Ken Bob Saxton, a pioneer of the modern barefoot running movement, has logged more miles in his birthday shoes than just about anyone I know, and he has helped countless people run barefoot. As one would expect, this delightful book, full of wit and wisdom, is an invaluable guide for anyone who wants to run barefoot, avoid injury, and have fun.”
    — Daniel E. Lieberman, professor of Human Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University

For more details and a list of confirmed events see: http://RunBarefootTour.com

Please send me a private message or email (kenbob@barefootkenbob.com) to get my contact info to share with potential venues so they can contact me directly to work out a specific time and date.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and, as always,

Have fun!
    -Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Barefooters
    1. New Jersey

I live right near Voorhees. The state park cones to mind. They have a large covered gazebo which I think would be perfect. I'll use your contact link to send you my info.

Kind regards
    Brian

3. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

Hi Brian,
    A park would be fine, as a last resort, since I cannot sell books in a public park, which is how I'm at least partially paying for my travel. In case we do resort to that, I have an 8'x8' canopy which should be enough for a small group of folks when we are not out running in the rain or sun or whatever weather.
    Lets see if we can get a store or other suitable venue first, so I could sell books, and also use my multimedia presentation (which I hope you'll all be pleased with). It's not that I'm greedy, quite the opposite. But I am a bit concerned about having enough gas money to drive home at the end of the summer - and I really like my home ;-)
    Have fun,
    -Ken Bob Saxton

4. Woodsman

Woodsman Barefooters
    1. New Jersey

My town has a shopping area, with a bunch of small shops. I'm thinking the bookstore might be up for it. There is also an outdoor gear type store. They're a bit high end for me but I'll check there too. I'll swing by tomorrow afternoon and ask around. My usual trail, a wide gravel path is right across the street if you were planning on doing any running.

5. Barefoot Ken Bob

1. California...

High end is okay, as long as they're willing to host the presentation for FREE. Which some places like to do because it gets more potential shoppers in the store (of course they don't expect all of us to buy stuff). It's cheap marketing for them, because, hopefully, people will want to come see my presentation, and to chat with me, get their books signed, hope to win a book, and maybe buy stuff in the store, or tell others about the store.