Unspoken rules of behavior here at BRS?

Soooo if you write the rules

Soooo if you write the rules down they're not really unspoken now, are they? :p

By the way, I'm all for minimalism in all things meaning I'd run all bare if I could avoid arrest. And yeah, on that topic it's pics or it didn't happen, I know. :crazy:

I fart ALL the time when I'm

I fart ALL the time when I'm running. Kinda like my Grandma always farted when she walked - we called it the walking farts. So I guess I have the running farts.

Can we talk about farting or is that an unspoken rule?!

Is that like a fartlek?  Ha! 

Is that like a fartlek? Ha! I crack me up.

I used to be quite gassy

I used to be quite gassy during my runs as well (2 words you should never put in the same sentence). However, ever since I started going Paleo I haven't had this issue. Now I'm curious which food group was causing it. I'm guessing grains but I suppose the dairy could be the culprit.

Well that's kinda

Well that's kinda interesting. When I do long runs (not runs in the sense that you think I mean runs!) I sometimes have diarrhea when I get home. Not to mention the running farts during my run.

I can't believe I'm discussing this with strangers...

Okay, I can share.On my

Okay, I can share.

On my first Half, I had to run into the woods with the runner's runs to use the potty around mile 7. I had kicked my shoes off at 5 miles and carried them the rest of the way because of the Morton's Neuroma pain in my feet, but I "sat" there in the woods wondering how I was going to wipe my hiney. Duh! Socks! That's right, socks! No need to draw you a picture here. Needless to say, I felt bad about the "nature" scene I left behind. (I should have left those stupid shoes at mile 5! I carried those stupid, expensive boat anchors 8 miles!)

Fast forward Omaha, my first full barefoot Half and same thing. At least they had porta-poopies everywhere!

So what you're saying through

So what you're saying through that great story (love it!) is that the runs are normal whilst running? Sometimes I really stink while I'm running (not B.O.) and the smell follows me. Luckily I run where there are no people!

I hope I meet you someday, TJ. We'll have great stories and can laugh (and fart)!

Come to think of it, Fet, I

Come to think of it, Fet, I should have wiped my hiney with those shoes, and left them there! But that would have been cruel to nature.

You're too funny TJ.  I've

You're too funny TJ. I've wiped with leaves, but never with socks. I suppose it would be more comfortable. Either way, I bet the DNR is going to have a mystery on their hands if they ever find your crime scene.

Fetish, don't feel bad about talking about this stuff with us. We're strange, not strangers...

Those socks really came in

Those socks really came in handy when I needed them most. Whew!

hmms... I had to go on a

hmms... I had to go on a half, but I just held it for a while and it went away=)

also, I don't fart while i run because I'm afraid of sharting.

Thanks, these rules have been helpful (I'll immediately undress my monkeys.)

My greatest fear (that has to

My greatest fear (that has to do with running) is that I'll have to poop when I'm on the road. If I think I'm on the verge, I won't fart either. Sharting would be bad, indeed. There are just so many scenarios that go through my head when I think of that...makes me shudder!

kitshmms wrote:...I just held

kitshmms said:
...I just held it for a while and it went away=) also, I don't fart while i run

BRAGGER!

I was late for my last half

I was late for my last half marathon start (by about 3 mins), because I desperately needed a poo, and I would rather be late due to the porta potty line up than have to poop 3 miles into the race (where there was nowhere to hide).

Kitsune - Kudos... isn't it impossible to hold it in whilst running?

This post ruinied me, I

This post ruinied me, I farted twice on a 2 mile run this morning.

on long runs i can usually poo before I start, so I haven't had a critical mass situation yet... knock on wood. Now, I'm pretty sure the next race I run i'll crap my pants...

on an unrelated note, i've decided not to run races anymore.

Welcome to the crowd, or at

Welcome to the crowd, or at least our small group.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test