Unshoe Wokova Sandal Review and Giveaway!

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
We advertised them here not

We advertised them here not too long ago. It's good to see someone actually reviewing them.

I found your review

I found your review informative and appreciate you taking the time to do what you did. I had never heard of those sandals prior to reading your posts and blog, so you have also been a source of advertisment for Unshoes. I may have to get a pair of Unshoes, so I can try them on some of my favorite trails around the St. Louis, MO area. Do you any other reviews planned for the future?

Thanks for reading Rich! I

Thanks for reading Rich! I am always doing reviews. About once per week or so. Some of my upcoming ones are Stem Origins shoes, ZEM 360s, Vivobarefoot Ultras, and the Altra Adam. Some random gear as well. A full list of upcoming reviews is under the "Swag Reviews" tab on my site.

Glad you enjoyed this review. I am a big fan of these sandals.

I've posted several times

I've posted several times about Unshoes since last summer, they are really great. I like the nylon webbing much better than paracord or leather. I first bought a 6mm sole which i found a bit too thick for my tasts. I then bought a 4mm pair with the straps at the heel spaced a bit more narrowly to avoid my heel slipping on uneven ground. I have a lot of miles on my 4mm pair and they really show no wear. I also wear them as my daily warm weather casual shoe. ~David

@Abide: Yes...they are free. 

@Abide: Yes...they are free. The only pair of shoes that I've reviewed after purchase is the New Balance Minimus (I purchased those from a friend). I will have some upcoming reviews though where I will have to purchase the shoes to test them because the companies are ignoring me. That's okay though. I am pretty committed to reviewing every new shoe in 2011 so that at least someone in the barefoot community has a basis to do an overall comparison.

@David: What is the weight like on the 4mm pair? My 6mm pair is around 5.5oz. Unshoe tells me that the are coming out with a 5mm pair with a new sole that will be around 3oz, but I'd be curious to know whether they will be the lightest offering.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test