Ugly footwear...whats the worst!

mokaman

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Georgia
I'm insired by the paper feet sandals to make this post...they may not be the ugliest but close. Anyone else have ugly shoe thoughts ?

Here are my contenders :

1 - Inov8 Evoskin toe gloves

2 - Softstar regular two tone mocs

3 - Paperfeet sandals

Reactions: stjohnthegambler
(No subject)

41OCC6BtsWL._AA300_.jpg

Reactions: stjohnthegambler
Norm Deplume wrote: People

Norm Deplume said:
People are so brain washed by those shoes, shape ups? I girl that works at K Mart wears them, she said they feel so good and helps support her posture, I was like mine do too. She looked down at my barefeet and was like OMG! I told her barefeet puts the body in it's natural alignment and is far better for you.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
nature runner wrote:people

nature runner said:
People are so brain washed by those shoes, shape ups? I girl that works at K Mart wears them, she said they feel so good and helps support her posture, I was like mine do too. She looked down at my barefeet and was like OMG! I told her barefeet puts the body in it's natural alignment and is far better for you.

My father-in-law showed up the other day in a pair of them. I was so VERY glad that he didn't mention them, so I didn't have to make polite conversation about how cool they are. :sick:

I don't get the Shape-ups. 

I don't get the Shape-ups. Is the theory that you have to use your stabilizer muscles to balance on the sole of the shoe? Or is the stupid shape of the sole material make you have to work extra hard just to walk?

Do they sell you a unicorn and some ocean-front property in Minnesota with purchase?

saypay45 wrote:I don't get

saypay45 said:
I don't get the Shape-ups. Is the theory that you have to use your stabilizer muscles to balance on the sole of the shoe? Or is the stupid shape of the sole material make you have to work extra hard just to walk?

Yes, they are based on the theory that if rehabbing an injury with a bosu ball is good, it must be better to walk on unstable shoes all day every day.

Do they sell you a unicorn and some ocean-front property in Minnesota with purchase?

Although, if they were giving out free unicorns with purchase, I just might consider buying a pair.

Shape-ups must be along the

Shape-ups must be along the same theory as these things:

13119217102400P.JPG

I can't decide if this is a fitness instrument or a sex toy. Maybe it's a personal choice of the buyer.

LOL!Here's an early thread I

LOL!

Here's an early thread I called Open Mouth Remove Bare Foot: http://thebarefootrunners.org/threads/open-mouth-remove-bare-foot.96/

So, my mom was visiting from out of state (Florida) and had her Remax agent stop by my house to talk about a rental she has here. My mom, always bragging about me and my barefoot running...like that's something to brag about...starts telling her about my crazy VFFs. "Go get your crazy shoes and show Ann," she says. "Alrighty," I say and return with them, hand them to her, she makes the ususal comments about them, yadie, yadie, yadie. Then we start talking about the difference between truly minimal footwear like the VFFs and traditional boat anchors, and I say, "Yea, but have you seen those crazy Skecher Shape Ups? Now those are boat anchors. I mean who would buy crap like that?" From under the table, she reaches a foot toward me and says, "You mean like these?" OMGosh! She was wearing a pair! "Uh, uh, uh..."

Note to self: Take inventory of surroundings before making statements about others. Doh!

(No subject)

Chinese foot binding (source

Chinese foot binding (source Wikipedia)

Have you ever read Snow

Have you ever read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan? It was fascinating and quite disturbing as it described in detail the process of breaking a young girl's feet and then binding them. And it was considered beautiful...made me ill to visualize it as I was reading. The pain must have been amazing.

Well TJ, they just got done

Well TJ, they just got done telling you how crazy your shoes are. Nothing wrong with returning the favor. And they are gypsy shoes that your family and friends should know are voodoo.

I always let it fly about dumb fitness trends that don't do anything. My secretary at work just got a pair of "walking poles". Apparently they allow you to work your upper body during a walk. Now I get the concept of having poles for hiking on steep inclines, because they actually aid in the climb. But if you are walking down the sidewalk, $50 poles will probably do less than $5 hand weights.

Every morning I ask her if she "climbed any sidewalks last night". I give her about a month before those things wind up in her closet along with her Shape-ups and Abmaster.

Not that these are fugly,

Not that these are fugly, well anywho...but I wanted to share here. These are actually painted on! I had to ask my good buddy Justin Owens at Birthday Shoes for this picture when I couldn't find it, because I knew he would know what I was talking about. The article "You Walk Wrong" accompanying it is interesting too: http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/

walking080428_1_560.jpg

This shoe and the stilettos and Adidas sneakers on the subsequent pages are trompel'oeil paintings applied directly to the feet. Nice as they look, you can't buy them.
Makeup by John Maurad and Jenai Chin. (Photo: Tom Schierlitz)