Turkey Day Half?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Alanindahlonega, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Alanindahlonega

Alanindahlonega Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Barefoot Tyler and I have registered for the Thanksgiving Day Half in Atlanta....Me in VFF and Tyler BF.. Anyone else going?

2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I ran it with Mokie in 2009. 

I ran it with Mokie in 2009. Be prepared, it includes the Heartbreak Hill/Heart Attack Hill too, since they use some of the Peachtree Road Race's route. It's a fun race. I PRd on that race too, and we weren't even trying to run fast. Must have been the cold that helped. It was just above 30 degrees F when we ran it. It might be warmer for you this year, since the cold is having a hard time hitting Georgia. It's been beautiful here for days on end, not much cold. Hope you have a great race!

3. dlodwn

dlodwn Barefooters
    1. Georgia

sorry I will miss this one..

sorry I will miss this one.. don't feel ready for the 1/2 after recovering from foot injury. I signed up for a 10K in marretta on turkey day. Also switched to this Luna Leadville Pacer's which are working out wonderfully. 6 miles today .. no injuries .. http://lunasandals.com/sandals/14-the-leadville-pacer

Hope to catch up with you guys soon.

4. Alanindahlonega

1. Georgia

Finished my first Half (just

Finished my first Half (just turned 50 YO)....in VFF. Had Barefoot Tyler (In bare feet) pace me for a 2:30...We finished in 2:17. We did not see anyone else Bf or Minimalist. This was the first race where all comments were supportive and complimentary.....are we becoming more mainstream or accepted?

This was a day i will never forget..

Thanks Atlanta Track Club for a professionally ran race, and Barefoottyler for the pace.

Carpe Diem

5. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

Oh, yes, good to know you

Oh, yes, good to know you both did well. How was the weather? What was the temp this morning? I havent been out of the house today yet. Recovering from yesterday. ;-)

6. Alanindahlonega

1. Georgia

Clear and 38 degrees...brrr

Clear and 38 degrees...brrr