Training with trees!!!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I have decided to do Race the Reaper. My eight year old self HATES making goals. I have put her in the trunk and duct-taped her mouth shut on this one. The 40 year old me IS doing it and that's final!!! Hence tree climbing, playgrounds, oh, and I GUESS, the gym...and running through the trails while carrying large goats, er, dogs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEtVcvE46Q

Reactions: Sid
They'd lose me on the rope climbs...

Good on ya for doing this! Sounds like it's a more sane version of Tough Mudder (meaning: No electrocution, no alligators, no swimming through lava)

...and...and...and...you get a free pumpkin, apparently....
Yes- a more sane version of T.M. -perfect description!

Rope climbs are fine for me, it's the monkey bars that would get my fat butt. Rope climbing I can use my legs.

Oh, the monkey bars would get me, too. See, I hear what you're saying about using your feet, but I can't seem to actually make that work....must be a technique thing that I haven't figured out....

Oh, the monkey bars would get me, too. See, I hear what you're saying about using your feet, but I can't seem to actually make that work....must be a technique thing that I haven't figured out....
I had to become proficient at that while I was in the Army. I learned some tricks and I could stand there on a rope all day long without fatiguing too bad. Monkey bars though, I'm not sure my arms or hands could hold my fat butt up. I used to be good at them, but I haven't done them in so long I'm pretty sure it would be tough to do.

WTH? i didn't get a free pumpkin last year! i did the rope climb without my legs, all hands. got a rope burn on my leg from sliding down the huge platform. next time i'll shimmy down. was doing fine on the monkey bars until one decided to spin and i went flying into the water while i was swinging for the next bar. made an awesome pic though.

Hey Jen, "Polly" here, are you sure you wanna do this? :stop:(loks like tons of fun tho)

Reactions: migangelo
Hey Jen, "Polly" here, are you sure you wanna do this? :stop:(loks like tons of fun tho)

HELL YA! Dan, Chris, Christy and Mike and I are going to go out and do training drills for this mofo (they don't know this yet). We are going to run up and down 85% hills carrying Christy's dog, and stuff like that! :)

Say hello to step #1 in getting ready to do massive amounts of pull-ups, rope climbing, and monkey bars!!!

pulldown.jpg

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
HELL YA! Dan, Chris, Christy and Mike and I are going to go out and do training drills for this mofo (they don't know this yet). We are going to run up and down 85% hills carrying Christy's dog, and stuff like that! :)

Say hello to step #1 in getting ready to do massive amounts of pull-ups, rope climbing, and monkey bars!!!

View attachment 2293
They do now! good luck with ST training, you guys are going to have tons of fun!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts