Training and Technique

swedishpimple

Barefooters
Jul 18, 2010
I'm just wondering if there should be a forum created for posts discussing topics relating to Training and Technique? (Form,training programs,exercises,drills...etc.)?

For most of the established BFR folks this is old hat stuff... but a lot of the newbies, myself included, might benefit from having one spot to look for, post, and discuss these types of topics.

Just a thought.

S. Pimp.

S. Pimp,I think this is a

S. Pimp,

I think this is a great idea! Not that I have ny tips yet (other than the old standards, don't eat yellow snow, etc.). I am a newbie as well, and I read everything I can about form & training. I realize that, in the end, you have to do what works for you, but if there was "one" place "prospective" barefoot runners could go to get a feel for how to start would also be nice.

it's a good idea but if it

it's a good idea but if it doesnt happen or until it does you can all feel free to come to me :) i'm here for the people and teaching people "how to run" is what i earn a living doing. my time, experience, knowledge, and anything else i have are all at your disposal anytime.

I'm all for something like

I'm all for something like this. I'm working on a post on aerobic base building that would fit right in. It's kind of a "What am I supposed to do now that my feet are conditioned and I can run as much as I want to without problems but I don't have a race to focus on?" kind of thing.

blind boy i'll be very

blind boy i'll be very interested in your post on aerobic base. having spent the last 6 years studying and teaching aerobic base and anaerobic threshold as well as doing gas exchange metabolic testing this is a subject i feel i know a little bit about so i'll be interested seeing what you get together

Jimmy, in that case maybe I

Jimmy, in that case maybe I should just let you do it? My take on it is very simplistic, pretty much just repeating what Lydiard said. I've looked at more recent stuff too but most studies seem to just confirm what he found out from experimenting on himself as far as I can tell.

I started aerobic base

I started aerobic base training about a month ago. I've scanned over the Lydiard principles, but I still have questions. So its a very relevant topic for me.

Prior to changing to base training I was going at red-line at almost every outing and wondering why running for any significant period of time was so hard.

I am as new to running as I am to BFR running so I have a lot to learn.

I also think as a newbie BF runner...going slower on purpose is a very good thing for many reasons beyond just conditioning.

S. Pimp.

I'm considering it.  We have

I'm considering it. We have so many forums now (don't you think?), and now I have three separate forums being requested. If you don't hear back from me or see one created in the next week or two, remind me please.

do your thing blind boy and

do your thing blind boy and i'll chime in if i have something to share. there is a lot of information on the topic and a lot of people misunderstand it as well as misuse it. put your thoughts down because i'm always more interested in what others think than what i think.

TJ, how about sub-forums to

TJ, how about sub-forums to reduce clutter? Is that even possible in this software? I agree that we already have a lot of forums but some of them could easily be sorted under another main one. Another thing might be to expand the scope of an existing forum to include training. There really isn't a given place for plans and such as it is now.

Jimmy, sure. I'll put something together. It might take a few days though since I moved to a new apartment last weekend so it's not like I have a hard time figuring out something to do. I'd say I'm about half way there though, with both the move and the writing. ;)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts