Trails near Lake Gogebic in MIs U.P.???

snowshoe_hare

Barefooters
Apr 4, 2010
Hey Trail Runners,

Anyone know of any good trails for running in the Lake Gogebic area of the U.P. ????

I am doing a 31 milerish next weekend... maybe something with a 5 -6 mile loop....

Let me know, eh?!!?

Did you check the Trail/Race

Did you check the Trail/Race Review tab? If there's nothing there for you, would you mind writing a review to share upon your return?

Wow that is about as far west

Wow that is about as far west in the UP as you can get eh? Have a few Pasties for me while you are up there. I have never been further west than Republic. Good luck!

@ TJ, we hope to get s'more

@ TJ, we hope to get s'more reviews soon! There is not much as of yet... and nothing in the U.P. of Michigan... I'll change that for sure!!!

@ sole_foot, Yeah, one cannot go much farther west in the U.P. , but actually, west of Lake Gogebic are some monster hills around Ironwood, Wakefield, and Bessemer [ = ski hils: Powder Horn, Blackjack, and ....]

I'll do some research and look for more reviews in the near future.... eh?!!?

BTW, TJ, Do trail reviews reside in the Chapter part of the website (if they are created in the Chapter part) OR are they located on the Main Home part of the website OR both???

I think sole_foot and I both created a review a while ago and they seem to be gone?!!?!?

If an item is created in the

If an item is created in the Race/Trail Reviews section, then that is where it resides. If an item is created within a Chapter container, then that is where it resides. The only data that is cross-referenced in two places is event postings in the Chapter containers; they propagate to the National Calendar of Events. We hope to give each Chapter its own calendar in the future, since that will help keep the National Calendar from growing out-of-control.

We've communicated about the other matter. Thanks.

You just reminded me back in

You just reminded me back in my youth growing up in the Chicago metropolitan area we did a couple of road trips up there to ski. I remember skiing a White Cap and Indianhead although not much more than that. Those were the days.

I don't know of anything down

I don't know of anything down by gogebic, haven't been there much. But there are some nice trails up in the Keweenaw if you want to venture north. Both the MTU trails and churning rapids are nice. I posted reviews on them. Copper harber is a bit rough, but very beautiful.

It appears the trail map doesn't seem to be working.. or I added them wrong heres the links

www.barefootrunners.org/build2/racetrail-review/churning-rapids

www.barefootrunners.org/build2/racetrail-review/tech-trails

-Arctic

Naturalized Yooper

Our maps are down at the

Our maps are down at the moment. Cameron was migrating the site for our public launch, and somehow we lost them. He believes he will be able to repair the problem, but right now, he is in the process of moving, so it may be a week or two. Sorry for the delay.

I'll find something and

I'll find something and REPORT BACK HERE, eh!?!?!

Let's get s'more review on-line, eh.... It only takes a couple minutes...

Put one up each day you run....

Thank you!

Run on!

Love it!

Thanks for the plug.  Yes,

Thanks for the plug. Yes, adding a review is very helpful to others, and takes very little time to do so.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test