Trail running

Arctic

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
So the snow finally melted enough up here in the north for me to get off the pavement...

All I can say is wow. I'm hooked. There is a little used nature trail about a 1/2 mile from my house. I went for a run, and wow... The trail was incredible. Up until I've been running roads just try to get in shape, but for the first time I had fun. I'm talking, I had a blast.. :D I didn't want to stop.

Apparently I stepped on a thorn, which I dug out, but its all good. I'm hooked, just got to watch out for those thorns..

I know what you mean by

I know what you mean by having a blast on a trail run.

Nice run ! Trails are my

Nice run !

Trails are my favorite too...just the best running you can do as I see it.

Great!  I dig the trails

Great! I dig the trails too... I haven't done any very long runs on trails barefoot yet... I'm trying to get ready for a couple road races...

I think my form is getting pretty solid...

I have some trail races lined up so, I'll be out barefoot on the trails sooner than later, eh?!!?

I've done some trail running with my VFFs and it was fun, but slow on the technical spots... I'm still not sure if barefoot, VFF (or the like) will be the trick...

We shall see....

Barefoot Terry wrote:Are you

Barefoot Terry said:
Are you guys running trails bare or minimalist? I'm dying to get out on some trails this spring. I just don't know if I want to do it bare or with my VFFs. I do all of my asphalt running BF.

I do both, I search far and wide for barefoot friendly trails and they are scarce but I've managed to find 3 area's nearby with a total of about 40 miles of trails that I'm able to run barefoot. I use flat shoes for the tougher trails and tempo runs and barefoot for slower easy runs. I almost never run any pavement with footwear so no pavement running in the winter for me.

Its a matter of finding the right trail for barefoot, start looking around for the easiest ones to start with and enjoy.

I've done some short runs on

I've done some short runs on trails barefoot but mostly in Vibrams. I'd like to tackle some longer distances on trails barefoot.

I love trails.  Once I get

I love trails. Once I get these pesky spring road races out of the way, I'll be running mostly trails. As soon as the snow melts, I do all my trail running barefoot. I love the challenge of continually testing the limits of speed and distance over technical trails. I also like tackling trails that are very difficult to run barefoot. There's something immensely rewarding about being able to run over extremely rough terrain without shoes.

SO, I'm thinking beer and

SO, I'm thinking beer and chili Tuesdays at my house this summer with 6-10 miles of trail running below... Loops around Palmer Park (or something...)

Whatayathink,Jason?

BUT...does the beer and chili

BUT...does the beer and chili come before or after the run?

Sometimes it comes during...

Sometimes it comes during...

Love the trails. Beats the

Love the trails. Beats the road any day. running barefoot, and in my VFF's had made running fun again. Gliding through the woods, twisting through the trees, feeling the dirt between my toes. Its an amazing feeling. What I love the most is running in the mud barefoot. Feeling it squish between my toes makes me feel like a kid again.

How about a slug?  I had a

How about a slug? I had a slimey slug stuck between my pinkie toe and my fourth toe for the longest time. I thought there was something there, but wasn't sure, so I kept on going...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11