Trail running partner...

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I have decided that I am going to get a kitten and teach it to trail run with me! Serious. Now I just need to figure out what the best breed of cat is, for that!

So far, Maine Coon cats and Savannah cats and Cheetahs (thanks Janson -lol) have been suggested. Any others?

how bout this one?
pTRU1-13357406reg.jpg

pTRU1-13357406enh-z6.jpg

LOL! I LOVE Grumpy Cat!!! I thought it would be cool to start a new Facebook page called, Grumpy Mike!!! :p

Reactions: RunningPirate
I had a Russian Blue that would follow me on short hikes near the house. I don't think he would have followed on runs though, and if my dog was around, forget it. Cats are far to independent (or smart) to follow. Check into a dog.

Actually, you will all be surprised to learn the following -

Savannah cats can be trained to fetch and Maine Coon cats swim - for fun!!! So take that! Unfortunately the cheapest Savannah's are like $1500. Boooooo! They are my preference at this point.

savannah-cats-standing.jpg

I had a Russian Blue that would follow me on short hikes near the house. I don't think he would have followed on runs though, and if my dog was around, forget it. Cats are far to independent (or smart) to follow. Check into a dog.
I don't like dogs. If a cat doesn't work maybe I'll try a goat!

I don't like dogs. If a cat doesn't work maybe I'll try a goat!

The first two goats we had did follow my wife on her walks. Then they got bigger and discovered that their stomachs or rumens were more important and any time let out would go instantly to the alfalfa fields or my baby trees. Another problem with trail running with goats. Would you want to follow one barefoot (impossible to dodge those raisins) , or lead with the possibility of getting butted onto your face? Maybe a cat would be a better choice.:)

Reactions: dutchie53
Reactions: BFwillie_g
Actually, you will all be surprised to learn the following -

Savannah cats can be trained to fetch and Maine Coon cats swim - for fun!!! So take that! Unfortunately the cheapest Savannah's are like $1500. Boooooo! They are my preference at this point.

View attachment 1549

That's a pet??!!! Eek!!! Well I'd imagine you could safely run through the dodgiest of areas with one of those by your side.

How about a small horse? In fact, how about a full size horse, then you can run until you're tired & get a lift home.

Reactions: BFwillie_g

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts