trail ball Newbury

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by bare as running, May 11, 2015.

1. bare as running

bare as running Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi all just a quick note that I will be hosting a trail ball event at Donnington Castle Newbury this Sunday, (17/5/15), and am hoping to have weekly events from then on.
    For those who are looking at the name Trail ball and saying ???? !!! ???? check out trailball.net
    We will be running a new format of CASTLE ATTACK ! and a 5k trail run all starting at 11:00 (it's Sunday I'm not shaving or getting up before the birds.), both routes are "safe for bare footers" but the 5k has a fair amount of gravel so protection may be preferred.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Donnington Castle/@51.4196367,-1.3383821,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0x7925941854d093a7
    [​IMG]
    hope to see you there.

petit-pied and paulbeales like this.
  2. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

Tony....can't find any info on the site about where to go how to register etc...

3. bare as running

1. United Kingdom

4. bare as running

1. United Kingdom

5. bare as running

1. United Kingdom

Notice to all participants of Trailball Newbury 17/05/15:

After my recent reconnaissance run of the route, it has come to my attention that a conduct/behaviour standard needs to be set.

The entire route follows public footpaths and byways which are not closed for the event therefore common courtesy to other users will be expected at all times and littering will have a zero tolerance policy.
    The route also for the most part skirts an exclusive golf course, the members of which have paid a lot of money to play therefore we must show courtesy to those playing shots wherever possible. This was pointed out to me by a member. Apparently, "It is not appropriate for a fully grown man to be running through the woods occasionally laughing whilst kicking a ball", as I replied back, "obviously it is only appropriate to curse and swear when your ball goes in the woods". So please bare in mind these people are paying good money to walk around miserable and you will be paying nothing to enjoy yourself.

kalipyjamas, paulbeales and DNEchris like this.
  6. DNEchris

DNEchris Barefooters
    1. Washington

I guess he didn't know that he subscribes to the view that "golf is a good walk ruined"!

paulbeales likes this.
  7. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Kali,

You don't need to register for any TrailBall event, just set yourself up to have a go in Aus.

Let me know if you are keen to try and I'll send you some details.

Cheers,

Paul

8. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

9. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Good advice Tony. Players have been known to get overexcited :)

FROM THE TRAILBALL RULE BOOK:

'Please do not play TrailBall® on or near to any roads, or where there are any moving vehicles or machinery. It is all too easy for players to get caught up in the excitement of the game and forget where they are.

Please do not play TrailBall® where 'Ball Games are not allowed' signs are displayed!

Please always respect the Country Code when playing TrailBall® and make sure that you are on public rights-of-way at all times.

Please respect other users of the countryside when participating in TrailBall® events. Whilst the official TrailBall® is designed for safe, soft play, nobody likes a ball in the back of the head!'

10. Christian Barefooteur

Christian Barefooteur Chapter Presidents
    1. France
    2. Belgiüm-Wall...

Paul, thanks for the kind "public safety message" - you beat me to it ;-)

Paul is your head TrailBall ambassador in the UK, and instrumental in the expansion of the sport beyond the confines of France, where it was born in 2013. I'm the proud dad ;-)

For organisational questions, check with Paul. I'm working through a rough patch temporarily but will soon be able to return to my recruting activities.

Also - make sure you guys get lots of photos and even videos of your events, for inclusion on http://trailball.net and on social media - any Vine pros ? ;-)

Christian

paulbeales likes this.