Totally BF... Why??

Discussion in 'Barefoot & Minimalist Running' started by Pigwig, Jan 26, 2014.

1. mokaman

mokaman
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

I don't have any good reason to run shod but will do so again sometime...not sure when though...I guess when I just feel like it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    happysongbird, Bare Lee and migangelo like this.
  2. Sid

Sid
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

Even minshoes prevent the foot from using it's full range of motion. My post in another thread describes how shoes limits the movement of the muscle that spreads the big toe, the same muscle that is important for supporting the arch. Think of shoes like thumbless mittens.
    http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/index.php?posts/148468

happysongbird, dharmadan and Bare Lee like this.
  3. dutchie53

dutchie53
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

My daughter asked me that very question early last year. She joined me on a trip last year, but forgot her runners. She had wanted to go for a run with me as the weather that day was perfect. So I suggested she join me on a short run through a nearby park barefoot. Much to my surprise she agreed, and she was astonished by the feel beneath her feet as she run through grass and bike path. It was like a whole new world had opened to her, she was amazed how different the grass felt from going in shade to grass in the sun, how different sections of bike path felt. It was like a whole new world opened up for her, and since that day she joins me for barefoot walks all the time and has switched to min runners for her runs at home due to a mother that is not barefoot friendly. I guess I'll have to work on her mom this year.

gueng, bfsailor, Spiderweb62 and 7 others like this.