ToRC - Links and Rules

2019 : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

Every run or walk, performed barefoot or using minimalist shoes, of at least 1 mile (= 1609 m) may be counted.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR ToRC - CHAPTER PRESIDENTS AND VOLONTEERS SHOULD GET THE LINK FOR EACH MONTH HERE, OR POINT THEIR MEMBERS HERE.
Christian, would you mind please posting this in the President Chapter? Thanks so much.

2019 : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

Every run or walk, performed barefoot or using minimalist shoes, of at least 1 mile (= 1609 m) may be counted.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR ToRC - CHAPTER PRESIDENTS AND VOLONTEERS SHOULD GET THE LINK FOR EACH MONTH HERE, OR POINT THEIR MEMBERS HERE.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Common, folks - don't let us Frenchies dominate the ToRC ;-) Winter is on the wane (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) so log yer miles, kilometers, walking, running barefoot or in minimalist shoes. No excuses! Summer is ahead, you want to be ready, right?

Christian

[...]je me demandais si t'avais mis le ToRC sur les forum internationaux... Mais j'ai pu constater que, comme d'habitude, tu gère comme un chef @Christian Barefooteur ;)
Mais qu'est-ce qu'ils fichent donc les autres pays ? ils sont long à la détente ! :p un ToRC à 6 dont un Petit-pied tout cassé c'est d'un triste :shifty:

Allez quoi ! même la France c'est faiblard comme participation... 3 seulement pour avril !! :banghead: on ne peut même pas dire il n'y a pas de véritable traçabilité. Si on veut... juste un pseudo, les distances :bookworm:
On ne peut même pas prétendre à la "peur" d'être le dernier... ce ne peut être que moi, pour le moment, avec mes distances de hobbit cul de jatte :D
et puis c'est pas le but du Challenge !! On veut juste être ensemble virtuellement et faire partie d'un groupe.

Allez on se bouge !! Une fois semaine on comptabilise... voir une fois le mois, mais venez jouer avec nous !!

joyeux mai à toutes et tous.

@Christian Barefooteur ou tout autres bilingue une petite traduction de mon coup de gueule sera la bienvenue sauf si ça...

I was wondering if you had put the ToRC on international forums ... But I could see that, as usual, you manage as a leader [USER = 937] @Christian Barefooteur [/ USER];)
But what are they doing to other countries? they are long to relax!:p a ToRC with 6, including a small foot (= me, "petit-pied") broken, everything is a sad :shifty:

Come on ! even France is feeble as participation ... 3 only for April !! :banghead: we can not even say there is no real traceability. If you want ... just a nickname, the distances :bookworm:
We can not even claim the "fear" of being the last ... it can only be me, for the moment, with my distances of hobbit cul de jatte :D
and then it's not the goal of the Challenge !! We just want to be together virtually and be part of a group.

Go on move! Once a week we count ... see once the month, but come play with us!

Happy May to all of you.
... By google translate est satifaisant ;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
Petit-pied

Last edited:

June ToRC is up and running (sorry ;-))

Apologies for the delay, got side-tracked this weekend, everything is back to normal.
Let's get out there and log those miles and kilometers. Walking counts too, hikers!

Christian

Reactions: c17 and Tedlet

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR ToRC - CHAPTER PRESIDENTS AND VOLUNTEERS SHOULD GET THE LINK FOR EACH MONTH HERE, OR POINT THEIR MEMBERS HERE.

Last edited:
Bonjour from sweltering France! 99°F in Paris - ouch!

I'm putting up the links for both July and August because I will not be connected this time in a month (bike trip to Germany on the EV3).

If there ever was a great time to go out and run barefoot, its now! Log those miles, let's see some good competition in July and August!

Cheers,

Christian

Hi Larry, right you are - I must have been drunk yesterday, got my sheets mixed up... Actually, it was more like I woke after a very long post-race nap and was not quite right in the head. Same difference ;-)

All is well I think - so sorry for the cock-up.

Cheers,

Christian

Reactions: Larry
Hello everybody, ToRC November is up - go out there and run! Remember, frostbite only sets in with negative temperatures, and only if super-cooled liquid stays on your bare feet. Like salty slush - that stuff is evil... A bit of snow is ok, especially, fluffy snow. Just keep moving, and keep your run short...

Have fun!

Christian

Hello everybody, ToRC November is up - go out there and run! Remember, frostbite only sets in with negative temperatures, and only if super-cooled liquid stays on your bare feet. Like salty slush - that stuff is evil... A bit of snow is ok, especially, fluffy snow. Just keep moving, and keep your run short...

Have fun!

Christian
Thank you for handling this program, Christian. You're good folk. :)

And... ToRC December is up and running (pun intended).

Worried about gaining substantial percentages of your body weight over the course of the holidays?

Ease your mind, right now - go and run. Then do it again, and again, until you have a year-end-sized calorie deficit to buffer all of your calorie excesses. (This may take several runs ;-)

The trick is to come into the combat under-weight. By January 1 or 2, 2020, you should be - ideally - right where you are today, on December 1.

Easy!

Alternative method - after each culinary excess, go and run it off. Remember - running barefoot in the blizzard burns TONS of calories...

You now have TWO methods to maintain your fighting weight (thank me later).

Now go out there and run! And log your distances...

Christian

Reactions: petit-pied
2020: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

This year, new strategy: I will update THIS message each month, with the corresponding month link. That way we avoid stringing out the information over pages and pages...

Of course, you're welcome to comment below. Just remember to get your ToRC links here, for 2020!

Christian

Last edited: