ToRC - Links and Rules

Thank you Gueng! Nice to have a little competition on these two contests ;-)

Christian
Indeed. Thank you Gueng. There's nothing better than a little friendly contest! I thought I had both total and barefoot distance sewn up for November, but then I had to go away for work and I was caught and passed! Next time... ;-)

Are people counting walks for ToRC or just runs? I'm not sure I can be bothered to include all my wandering around town, but it would push my mileage up a lot.

Also, how are people interpreting "of at least one mile?" If I walk 0.75 miles barefoot to the supermarket, go inside to buy something, and then walk home, is that one walk of 1.5 miles, or two walks of 0.75 miles = 0 for purposes of the contest?

Also, does the "at least one mile" rule apply to Winter Challenge as well?

It's possible I'm overthinking this...

Reactions: Tedlet
Are people counting walks for ToRC or just runs? I'm not sure I can be bothered to include all my wandering around town, but it would push my mileage up a lot.

Also, how are people interpreting "of at least one mile?" If I walk 0.75 miles barefoot to the supermarket, go inside to buy something, and then walk home, is that one walk of 1.5 miles, or two walks of 0.75 miles = 0 for purposes of the contest?

Also, does the "at least one mile" rule apply to Winter Challenge as well?

It's possible I'm overthinking this...
Hi HW -your walks to the supermarket sound like a round trip of 1.5 miles in my book!
And as far as I'm aware the 'at least one mile' rule applies to the Winter challenge too.
...glad I'm not the only 'overthinker' around...:)

Reactions: c17 and HannahW
What is meant by the heading "Rank" on the spreadsheet? It is colored in grey, so is that something we are supposed to fill in, or is that supposed to be automatically calculated?
The spreadsheet fills that in for you automatically -it just tells you if you're in first, second, third place, etc... (just in case you're feeling a bit competitive I guess!..;))

Reactions: IraR
2019: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

Every run or walk, performed barefoot or using minimalist shoes, of at least 1 mile (= 1609 m) may be counted.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR ToRC - CHAPTER PRESIDENTS AND VOLONTEERS SHOULD GET THE LINK FOR EACH MONTH HERE, OR POINT THEIR MEMBERS HERE.

I am stopping my duties in the ToRC immediately.

Hi Gueng,
Ihr Streit mit @Barefoot TJ ohne Aussöhnung hatte mich traurig gemacht.
Ich habe gerade erkannt, dass der ToRC eine persönliche Initiative und kein Gemeinwohl der Barefoot Runner Society ist.
Durch das Entfernen des Zugriffs auf diese gemeinsamen Speicherbereiche ist es so, als ob eine tägliche Verbindung zwischen Barfußläufer unterbrochen wurde.
Sniff!

--- Originaltext auf Französisch aus Frankreich (fr-FR) ---
Salut gueng,
Votre dispute avec @Barefoot TJ sans réconciliation m'avait attristé.
Je viens de réaliser que le ToRC était une initiative personnelle et non un bien commun de la Barefoot Runner Society.
En supprimant l'accès à ces espaces de partage, c'est comme si un lien quotidien entre coureurs pieds nus s'était cassé.
Snif!

--- Another translation (en) ---
Hi Gueng,
I was saddened by your unreconciled dispute with @Barefoot TJ .
I just realized that the TorC was a personal initiative and not a common of the Barefoot Runner Society.
By removing access to these sharing spaces, it is as if a daily link between barefoot runners had broken.
Snif!

Hi Gueng,
Ihr Streit mit @Barefoot TJ ohne Aussöhnung hatte mich traurig gemacht.
Ich habe gerade erkannt, dass der ToRC eine persönliche Initiative und kein Gemeinwohl der Barefoot Runner Society ist.
Durch das Entfernen des Zugriffs auf diese gemeinsamen Speicherbereiche ist es so, als ob eine tägliche Verbindung zwischen Barfußläufer unterbrochen wurde.
Sniff!

--- Originaltext auf Französisch aus Frankreich (fr-FR) ---
Salut gueng,
Votre dispute avec @Barefoot TJ sans réconciliation m'avait attristé.
Je viens de réaliser que le ToRC était une initiative personnelle et non un bien commun de la Barefoot Runner Society.
En supprimant l'accès à ces espaces de partage, c'est comme si un lien quotidien entre coureurs pieds nus s'était cassé.
Snif!

--- Another translation (en) ---
Hi Gueng,
I was saddened by your unreconciled dispute with @Barefoot TJ .
I just realized that the TorC was a personal initiative and not a common of the Barefoot Runner Society.
By removing access to these sharing spaces, it is as if a daily link between barefoot runners had broken.
Snif!
You are correct, Remi. The ToRC program was not initiated or created by the BRS. The BRS simply hosts the program for those who want to take part in it. I personally have no involvement in it. ToRC can be hosted here and/or anywhere.

Reactions: Rémi
2019 : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

Every run or walk, performed barefoot or using minimalist shoes, of at least 1 mile (= 1609 m) may be counted.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SOURCE FOR ToRC - CHAPTER PRESIDENTS AND VOLONTEERS SHOULD GET THE LINK FOR EACH MONTH HERE, OR POINT THEIR MEMBERS HERE.

Thanks for participating, Tedlet, the more we are, the more fun it is!

I'm going to start a regular "promo" on my social media to get people to join in the montly tally (BRS membership mandatory of course ;-))

C

2019 : January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ