too wet to run..

khyricat

Barefooters
Jan 14, 2011
or why my run today was cut short.. the part on the sidewalk was fine.. there is a really great trail near here (behind a bike store, designed for the bikers). Part is wood bridges over the swamp, part is dirt. I've run there before- it's about a quarter mile out and then a quarter mile back. And the start is about 3/10 of a mile from home, so doing it as a break during a road run works, or doing a few laps and a warm up to get there/back works.. anyway- it's been rainy, and I hadn't been out on this yet this season.. so I thought why not.. I'll head out.. OOPS.. the start is boardwalk, no big deal.. 3 steps past the end I was ankle deep in mud.. the sucking me down type.. it was pleasant to walk in a bit, but no way could I keep up running form. Had I had shoes on and not in my hands they'd be toast... so I turned around and headed back.. but now my feet were soft from the wet.. and got sore fast.. so I didn't make the planned distance on the road either, wound up turning around and putting shoes on and heading back slowly.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts