Toes on Roads Competition

a good third place for Belgiüm, New York waether help us.:p

This is only a postponement, dear DNE Chris ;) hope you came back !
Thanks for the good wishes petit-pied!

Life rather got in the way of running last month with 2 4-day business trips and then moving from one coast to the other there wasn't much time for running.

We're getting a little more settled now but I've only managed 9 miles so far this month! Once our stuff arrives I hope to be able to ski a few days. Running will start up in earnest soon :)

Reactions: petit-pied
bienvenue aux nouvelles sections qui se lancent dans la compétition
----------------------------------------
Welcome to the new sections that engage in competition (google translate)

Reactions: gueng
Comment number #33 says this Toes on the Road is also for walking for 1 mile. Would like to just double check that. If so I have some more miles to add to help out my total a little. Unfortunately not enough to beat @DNEchris. I think if you made mention of that on the spreadsheet it might help get more people involved. Sort of like what they do on the Winter Challenge, but I guess due to the cold the distance is less.

Whoever created the spreadsheet, good job and thanks for all the hard work maintaining it.

Last edited:
Victory Ceremony for the February and March ToRCs

We had 33 participants in February and 29 in March.
The distances accumulated were pretty much similar in both months: approx. 2600 km in total, approx. 1900 km of which were run skin-to-ground.

In February, Yvonne / USA won the barefoot category (191 km) while Christian Barefooteur / France ran the longest total distance (259 km).
In March, Christian Lemburg / Germany was unbeatable in both categories (253 km).
Congratulations to the champions!

France participated with the largest team in both months and showed no weaknesses in the national rankings :).

It's a pleasure to see that people from 8 nations were active in March. I'm not sure but I think we never had that number since I have been in charge of ToRC (Feb. 2015).

All the best,
Martin (gueng)

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

please make sure to enter all your March runs until 2nd April, and find the April sheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d8XqZBAz877OXMKbcVT6ZtQmopyOwOlmaPQvqf6dPVE/edit?usp=sharing

Have fun,
Martin

Read this post and remembered I totally forgot to add my mileage to the March chart...just went to do that because it is still 2 April, but the sheet is locked. I guess I'm too late :facepalm: Ah well. But just so y'all know, I did indeed run/walk in March, so just ignore the goose eggs next to my name in the chart ;)

Victory Ceremony for the April ToRC

29 participants ran a total of 2.799 km, 2.256 km (81%) of which were done skin-to-ground.

It is a pleasure to finally see a woman on the first place in both categories (I actually believe that females are the better barefoot runners):
Yvonne from Ohio / USA ran her 273 km completely skin-to-ground. Congratulations!

Again, we had 8 nations participating, of which France accumulated the longest distance again (940 km in total and 749 km barefoot).

All the best,
Martin (gueng)

Victory Ceremony for the May ToRC

The field of participants increased to 34 people (again from 8 nations) which is the largest number since last November. 3562 km were run in total, 3060 (86%) of which skin-to-ground.

Our new winner in both categories is Wansart Philippe from Marche-en-Famenne, Belgium. He ran an amazing distance of 275 km completely barefoot. Congratulations!

France contributed the largest team (11 people), but this time had to relinquish the national titles to Germany (9 people / 1046 km total / 998 km s.t.g.).
I will be thrilling to see if the German team is able to keep its motivation strong enough to repeat the success...

All the best,
Martin (gueng)

Victory Ceremony for the June ToRC

In June, we had less participants (28) and also less kilometers run than in May (2593 km in total; 2163 km / 83% skin-to-ground).

We congratulate Christian Lemburg from Aachen, Germany, for running 269 km completely s.t.g., and by doing so winning in the total as well as in the barefoot individual category.

France contributed the largest team (9 people), but the Germans with only 7 people succeeded in accumulating the longest total (1010 km) and barefoot (872 km) distances.

It would be great to see some more people participating in July.

All the best,
Martin (gueng)

Victory Ceremony for the July ToRC

Not much has changed in the July overall statistics compared to June.
25 participants ran 2643 km, 2218 km / 84% of that skin-to-ground.

Cgnkiller from Bergisch Gladbach, Germany, ran to the top position in the barefoot category (251 km), while Christian Barefooteur from Paris, France, made it by total distance (301 km).
Congratulations to both of you Chris's :)

No major changes were observed in the ranking of nations as well.
The Germans - this time the largest team with 8 people - accumulated the longest total and the longest barefoot distances (1091 km / 870 km). France defended its 2nd places in both categories.

Pleasant runs to all of you,
Martin (gueng)