TN/Nashville - Naked Foot (barefoot and Minimalist) 5k

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Second Wind, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Second Wind

Second Wind
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Date: Sat 10/15/11 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
    Link: Naked Foot 5k Nashville

The Nashville Naked Foot 5k sponsored by
    The Nashville course takes us through historic Centennial Park. Run by beautiful gardens, ponds filled with ducks and swans and the majestic Parthenon.

Map location

Kids FREE fun run: 8:30am
    1 mile run- $20: 8:40am
    5K- $35: 9am
    Registration event day: $25/$40
    * Entry fee includes a dry-fit tee, a raffle entry to win a pair of Merrell Gloves and free access to all the post-event activities!.

Packet-pick up is the day of the event 7:00am-8:20am

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN AT PRERACE.COM![/b]
    Pre-register by September 15th and get entered in a drawing to win a pair of Merrell
    Gloves

local barefoot running club to train for the event.

Registration and packet pick-up:[/b]
    Pre-registration and packet pick-up will be available one week before the event at a soon-to-be-determined location.
    * You may also drop off your gently used shoes at any of our registration sites before the event. More details to come.

More Information:[/b]
    About Nashville
    About Centennial Park

Google maps link

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. paintboy

paintboy
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

I was checking out this race and there is a link on their page to the local barefoot running club. I got excited. A chance to meet more strange people like us. I had this grand vision of 2 little families getting together. Perhaps we would start a movement. We would gather en mass at the capitol building holding angry signs against "No shirt, no shoes, no service." The Governor himself would come out and throw his shoes in the gutter. All would be right in the world. Well it turns out the local barefoot running club is us. So I'll be at the Cason trail head at 7am Saturday. See you there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. barefootdave66

barefootdave66
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Hi, I live in Dickson and would like to run with you all some time. Do you ever trail run or do runs near Dickson? I would love to run with others that enjoy barefooting.

I live near Montgomery Bell State Park which has many good trails. There will also be a 7 mile trail run here soon if anyone is interested.

http://www.active.com/running/burns-tn/two-lakes-trail-run-5th-annual-2011-mb139?int=29-6
    Thanks,
    David R. Rivers

4. RunningNash

RunningNash
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee

Nope I've never run that way before. Would be a long drive for just a weekend run. That race is the same weekend as Murfreesboro half marathon. Maybe next year.

Looks like Natchez Trace would be a good meeting point though. Ever run there?

5. runbaber

runbaber
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee
    2. Presidents

did we decide the 30th or 1st for a run? we could do natchez then?

i'm good with either.