TN/Nashville - I Run For The Party - July 4th Music City 10k/5k

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by RunningNash, Jun 22, 2011.

1. RunningNash

RunningNash
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee

Date: Mon 07/04/11 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
    Link: Race Info and Registration

If you are looking for a good race for the 4th of July weekend, this is a good one. This race is supporting Not Alone which is a charitable orgainzation that works with military families. They provide much needed counseling to our soldiers and their families impacted by Combat Stress and PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder). This will be my first race running barefoot. Would love to meet up with you so let me know if you plan on coming out.

2. paintboy

paintboy
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Thanks. I signed up. See you there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. RunningNash

RunningNash
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee

This turned out to be a great race. It wasn't hot at all. We got a nice breeze and cloud coverage from a storm coming in but no rain. It was perfect. Nice to see paintboy out at the race. I got a PR of 23:58 and 6th in my age division! Very excited about that!

4. paintboy

paintboy
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

It was a great day. I ended up with 27:36 at an 8:55 pace. I'm really excited since I had been stuck at a 9:30 pace for a while. Looks like there were 4 of us minimalist shoe type people there. Don't know if that was a good showing or not. I'm gonna sqeeze in one more race before the warrior dash in september. See you then.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature