Time to introduce myself ...

Katja

Barefooters
Jun 15, 2012
Germany
katja-kulin.de
Hello all,

my name is Katja and I'm from NRW, Germany. So sorry for my English, but I'll do my very best.

I was very happy to find these forums and especially a German Chapter, which I joined at once. But reading everywhere is very inspiring, too.

The topic "Barefoot" is very interesting to me in general, I've just written a book about it and was glad to talk to many experts for that.

I like running, but my history as a runner (in usual shoes) was interrupted because of a broken foot and after that a leg surgery last year.
I've just started again, and now, of course, without shoes and step by step, as the theory taught me.

Greetings
Katja

You did great with your English, Katja.

Congrats on the book's release too! Is it only sold in German (or Deutsch, my German friends tell me)? Is it about barefoot living, barefoot running, or both?

Welcome!

Guten Tag Phil,

thanks for saying hello and welcome in German! :)

Hey TJ!

Congrats on the book's release too! Is it only sold in German (or Deutsch, my German friends tell me)? Is it about barefoot living, barefoot running, or both?
Welcome!

Thank you very much! :) Yes, sadly the book is only available in German so far.

It's kind of a 360 degree view around the topic "barefoot", starting with the evolution of upright walking and the anatomy of our feet, foot problems and why walking barefoot ist so healthy for the whole body right through to advice how to start, strengthen muscles etc. and information about barefoot paths, parks and hiking. There is a chapter about barefoot running/sports too, and one about how barefoot exercises are used in orthopaedic rehabilitation.

In addition, barefoot shoes are tested and there are portraits of people who perform extreme events barefoot, like for example Martl Jung, who went across the Alps from Munich, Germany, to Verona, Italy, in 32 days or Dietmar Mücke, who runs marathons and even ultra marathons without shoes for charity.

my name is Katja and I'm from NRW, Germany. So sorry for my English, but I'll do my very best.

Grüße aus Oberfranken! :)

And, typisch Deutsch: Apologise for poor your English and then write perfectly, lol.

Hope to meet up someday!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test