time to dust off the race kit

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by kalipyjamas, Sep 3, 2015.

1. kalipyjamas

kalipyjamas
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Australia
    2. United Kingdom

Soooooo..... long time no post :)

It's been a bloody long and very cold winter since we finished the Anzac Ultra down in Canberra..... last Sunday I ran at 5.30 am and it was 0 degrees.
    Seriously
    Am heading to Qld next weekend to run in the balmy heat and humidity.... GlassHouse Trail Series

http://www.glasshousetrailseries.com/entry-info

Despite having still been training some runs in S2G and sandals I will be wearing my trusty Altras for the race... so not as "barefoot" as this time last year when I did a few runs "in the nude " so to speak..... but still hanging in there.
    Interesting to note that on the gear list was "protective footwear"........
    Do you think that is a litigation thing?
    I remember when I ran the Glow Worm last year S2G and everyone was like "ooohh is that allowed"

Anyhoo
    love to know if there are any other BRS peeps at GH next weekend would be lovely to say hello :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Barefoot TJ likes this.
  2. Neil_D

Neil_D
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Australia
    2. Presidents

Hi Kali,
    How was your run around the Glasshouse mountains. They are pretty impressive to look at as I remember.
    I've just got back into running again after a couple of months off recovering from a hamstring issue.
    It was very frustrating, just when the weather was improving in springtime the hammy goes. Seems to be ok now but the achilles tendon is a bit achy, maybe an imbalance.
    Hoping to run in the christmas day run next month if nothing else falls off.

Neil

Barefoot TJ likes this.