This "Work" thing is always in the way!!!

Jonny00GT

Chapter Presidents
May 19, 2011
So, my Invisible Shoes kit came in this weekend and I made me some right comfy flippy-flops, Mexican Style! It's a good thing to, cause I'd forgotten my flat flip-flips over at my sister's house and needed some walking around skins cooler than my VFFs.(It's been pretty toasty here!)

As I've stated before, I'm a firm believer that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission, BUT I've seen that over half the ladies at my work, kick around in flip-flops ranging from the plane, to flower adorn and some with bows and such. I made it 2 day before my Bosses Boss said no more. I thought that was some double standard BS! I mean, it's not like I was running around with hairy feet and potato stabber toe nails! I keep things neat and tiddy and my feet are even pretty tan! He also said he didn't want to see my "toe shoes" up here anymore, but I draw the line. His assistant wears cross trainers, as does the majority of the office, so he can just get happy the same way he gets in a tizzy!

Man, I gotta find a gig where I can work from home!!

-Jonny

Yeah, I feel your pain. Used

Yeah, I feel your pain. Used to be half the guys at work were wearing cowboy hats and team ball caps and no one said anything, except to me when I wore an "unapproved" ball cap for supporting the local fireman's charity. This said as a guy walked right by in a cowboy hat. I realized I wasn't going to win and took it off. Now I can pretty much wear what I want, cause I've been around since Moses. I wish I could wear huaraches, but I have to have closed toed shoes at work. Regulations! Ughh.

John T.

Man, that bites!  Did you

Man, that bites! Did you bring the ladies' flip-flops and other athletic footwear that others are wearing to work to his attention? Wear the VFFs anyway, if you think you have a hair of leeway, at least one more time or until he actually calls you out on it , face-to-face, while you're wearing them. Let us know how it goes down.

ajb422 wrote:I think the

ajb422 said:
I think the answer here is obvious. Find some women's flipflops complete with flowers and bows and wear those :-D

Well...hm...how do i put this. My Boss, whom I love to death, is a lesbian and her Boss, the guy who has the problem with my shoes(or lack there of) is a 6'1" muscular homosexual man. Now we can conclude, me walking in sporting a pair of flower flip-flops could be taken in any number of ways, but I can't think of a single one that puts me in a bright light or doesn't make someone want to feed me a knuckle sandwich!

I love my boss, and I've had many gay/lez friends...never met a mean one. I don't wanna be "that" guy, even if it means I have to cover up my feet all day.

Were things different, I would be all over playing the 19th amendment "good for the goose, good for the gander" card, any day of the week and twice on Sunday! For now, I'm cool in the VFFs. They haven't said anything about them and I wore my blue panda feet Bikilas today! If someone walks by wearing flip flops while I'm talking to my boss, I'm for sure going to say something.

-Jonny

Hiding frowned upon attire is

Hiding frowned upon attire is nothing new. Check out these Oxford Baggies! They were designed to help university student hide the fact they were wearing knickerbocker trousers to school! Shocking!

200911031035michaeloxfo.jpg

Eh even though it would have

Eh even though it would have absolutely nothing to do with sexuality at all , simply making the point that if they are allowed to wear those shoes , you should be allow to wear yours, (I've known many gay guys and not a one wore pretty flowery sandals) I can see how it can be misconstrued depending on the area you live in.