The Olympics

Thre are two things that have really stood out for me. The men's 10k, they ran that oin 7 minutes faster than my 5k time (and a Brit won)

And the women's triathlon, where their 10k was only 2-3 mins slower than the women's 10k track race, and that's after 1500m swim and 42km bike - now THAT is truly amazing, with a photo finish as well.

I was amazed!!!the triathletes are almost at the same speeds as the athletes at their individual sports!!!o_O

I watched a bit of the Olympics with my wife yesterday evening, for the first time. I enjoyed watching the women sprinters, especially now after reading up a bit on running and biomechanics these last several months. It was really amazing to watch the perfection of form. My wife noticed who had real hair and whose extensions looked best. The kids didn't find watching people run at all interesting, and played.
LOL:Dwho won the hair competition?

I watched a bit of the Olympics with my wife yesterday evening, for the first time. I enjoyed watching the women sprinters, especially now after reading up a bit on running and biomechanics these last several months. It was really amazing to watch the perfection of form. My wife noticed who had real hair and whose extensions looked best. The kids didn't find watching people run at all interesting, and played.
I was watching the women sprinters yesterday (love dvr) with my daughter and she was flat amazed at how fast these women were. We watched the, um 800 I believe (2 laps around track whatever that is), and we were both amazed that the chick ran so fast the whole time and then had a huge kick at the end. My daughter is not really a runner at all (didn't take after her Daddy that way) but she knew enough to understand it is flat amazing what these people can do.

I AM SICK OF GYMNASTICS!!

that's all...carry on...

I bet the Aussies are sick of the whole damned thing!

Even New Zealand are beating them.

Lets faces it, even our rowing team, or cycling team on their own would be beating them.

That reminds me, I must catch up with a few colleagues in Sydney:D

Well, every time I tune into NBC a damned commercial set comes on! So, I surf around the channels once or twice and then turn it all off. I did catch the men's 10K and enjoyed seeing the Brit and American training buddies win the Gold and Silver. Is it the civil wars in Africa or the shoe companies that have so quickly ruined the men runners from that continent?

I think the rest of the world is just catching up. As well as training in Oregon, I think Frah has also been training in the rift valley

I was watching the women sprinters yesterday (love dvr) with my daughter and she was flat amazed at how fast these women were. We watched the, um 800 I believe (2 laps around track whatever that is), and we were both amazed that the chick ran so fast the whole time and then had a huge kick at the end. My daughter is not really a runner at all (didn't take after her Daddy that way) but she knew enough to understand it is flat amazing what these people can do.

Yeah a regulation IAAF track is 400 meters. 4 laps is about 1 mile.

I took a week off work to watch the Olympics athletics, we get 24 channels of live coverage here so we're a bit spoiled!

The racing's been amazing, though I'm a Brit I was really cheering for Lolo Jones having developed a bit of a crush on her lately...!

I've heard a lot of Western distance runners are now heading to places like Iten in Kenya to train, interesting they are doing that.

It was great to see Farah win the 10K, even if it was faster than it takes me to run 5K!

It's a shame the tickets were so expensive, I spent several weeks working at Olympic park before the games started (testing the new mobile network towers there) and the place was looking amazing.

I was going to head to London on Sunday to watch the men's marathon (I have a train ticket bought) but I'm undecided now. Though you can watch from the street for free, you'll only see the runners pass 3 times in 2 hours. I'm thinking it might be better to just watch it live on TV instead.

Vampire head up to Hyde park or Victoria park, we watched the mens cycling up there the atmosphere was amazing. Well worth the journey, lots Olympic stewards, cops and military it felt really safe.

So how much are/were tickets, by chance? Do you have a to buy a ticket for every single separate event, or are there packages, or both?

I don't care who you are; a dude running a 400 with a broken leg is amazing!

Reactions: dutchie53
Vampire head up to Hyde park or Victoria park, we watched the mens cycling up there the atmosphere was amazing. Well worth the journey, lots Olympic stewards, cops and military it felt really safe.
Definitely go. I lived in Atlanta during the '96 games. While I did go to a couple ticketed events, the most fun I had was soaking in the atmosphere around the games. If you have the opportunity to go watch the marathon in person it'll make for some pretty cool memories.

I'd like to see it, but I'm not a fan of crowded places. I guess I should go, I've paid for the train ticket after all.

I'm running a 10k tomorrow so kinda wanted to relax Sunday, then again - its a special occasion. If I go I'll try and get some photos to post up.

Reactions: migangelo
I'm outraged and shocked that this woman was accused of doping:

shotputter.jpg

yeah, right ... she was caught with 1980's vintage steroids in her system, and comes from a country where the stuff is basically used as sweetener in the coffee... What I actually find shocking and outrageous is that she even got into the Olympics in the first place.

Reactions: Robin and Gidds

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test