Reviewed By: thenakedfoot

picture-645.jpg

Date Reviewed: 09/15/2010
Review Type: Race
Barefoot Friendliness: 1 Excellent

Town Center Dr
Highlands Ranch, CO
See map: Google Maps

As the Co Director I will review from my point of view since I did not get to run, besides the free kids 1k.

We had 20 pre registrations online but were planning for about 40 runners. We ended up with 47 runners which was definitely a success for year one of any event. We offered a free kids 1k, a one miler for beginners, and a full 5k. Most of the 47 were barefoot and about 7 had on Vibrams! Pretty cool.

The course was a mix of sidewalk and grass and in some spots you had a choice which was good we think. Although it was just a fun run, the winner of the mile and the 5k both won a pair of VFF's so they were super stoked!

We had a massage therapist on site giving free 5min foot massages. Invisibles Shoes had a booth and sold the Huarache sandal kits. SOMbands was on sight as well as Animal Fitness and a local chiropractor that supports barefoot running!
All in all there was a positive fun energy and no problems whatsover. It will be an annual thing! There are pics on the FB page for The Naked Foot 5k.

Feel free to ask about any other details from the event!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS